Bojnice is a small town (of population only about 5000) in central Slovakia, adjacent to the city of Prievidza. This town is a favourite tourist destination for many Slovaks.
Bojnice is almost a suburb of the nearby Prievidza city. There is an urban mass transportation service that is connected with Prievidza.
- Visit the oldest zoo in Slovakia.
- See the castle with its museum.
- Enjoy the oldest thermal spa in Slovakia.
- Visit the "U Palfiho" restaurant; or try a Slovak restaurant and sample the traditional Slovak meals.
- Visit the tea room restaurant for your tea and dessert.
- There are lots of hotels available. Two of the best hotels aare Kaskáda**** and Hotel pod Zamkom. These are just in the centre of Bojnice city.