Boca Raton is a city on the east coast of Florida between West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale. The name is Spanish for "Mouse Mouth" (although the Chamber of Commerce  tries to give less plausible alternative explanations of the meaning), which presumably comes from the shape of an inlet when the town was founded.
Boca, as it's known by locals, started growing in earnest in the 1920s, with the help of fanciful nouveau-riche architect Addison Mizner, who also helped design Palm Beach, 30 some miles north. Much of downtown was (and is being) built in "Addison Mizner-style" architecture, using distinctive bright orange and more subdued pinks in its Old Spanish theme with a touch of Venice.
Boca's long history of catering to the well-to-do has given it a snobbish reputation, but looking deeper one can find many terrific features that can be enjoyed on any budget. The city is very safe and enjoys a much higher standard of living than many of its neighbors, giving it a well manicured appearance with many amenities. Moreover, visitors can appreciate the limited nightlife and great beaches any time of year as the city consistently enjoys comfortable weather.
- Fort Lauderdale International Airport , FLL, large airport 20 miles south of Boca in Fort Lauderdale. This is the more preferred airport over Miami and is accessible by any of the transportations. Shuttles are usually available from airports and taxis are common.
- Palm Beach International Airport , PBI, large airport 20 miles north of Boca.
- Miami International Airport , MIA, Miami. (About 45 miles / 55 minutes non-rush hour.)
- Interstate 95 - four exits to Boca Raton are Palmetto Park Road, Glades Road, Yamato Road and Congress Avenue.
- Florida's Turnpike  - toll road with lighter traffic and an exit at Glades Road.
- Palm Tran - Palm Beach County's public bus system (http://www.co.palm-beach.fl.us/palmtran/)
- Amtrak, 1300 W. Hillsboro Blvd., Deerfield Beach, 1-877-632-3788, ].
- TriRail  - a regional commuter rail line connecting Boca Raton to Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and West Palm Beach. There is a station on Yamato Road just west of I-95.
- Palm Tran , Palm Beach County's main public transit system, includes Boca Raton. In particular, the city is connected to others in the county by three major north-south routes: Route 1, on US Highway 1; 2, on Congress Avenue; and 3, on Military Trail.
By water from the Atlantic Ocean
- via Port Everglades  in Fort Lauderdale. This is a port of entry for cruise ships and other commercial vessels.
- via Boca Raton Inlet. Vessels can enter Boca Raton through its inlet that connects the Atlantic Ocean to the IntraCoastal Waterway (ICW). Local knowledge is required, as shoaling outside the inlet can limit access at low tide and swift moving currents cause pretty decent swells where the outflow meets the ocean.
- via Hillsboro Inlet, south of Boca Raton, between the communities of Hillsboro Beach and Pompano Beach. This inlet was much improved recently by widening the channel outside the jetties. The widening was extensive, and allows safer approaches into the inlet from more bearings. The inlet is well marked, and has a dredge on site actively keeping the channel clear by dredging the sand that drifts into all East Coast inlets from the North. Local knowledge is suggested, as there are reefs to the south and jetties and lots of boat traffic.
- via the IntraCoastal Waterway (ICW), which stretches along the East Coast from Maine to Texas. The ICW flows through Boca Raton, and has no fixed bridges across it, just 3 draw bridges that open on schedule and/or on demand. The bridges across the ICW from North to South are at Spanish River Boulevard, Palmetto Park Road, and Camino Real Drive.
- Tri-rail  connects to Miami, Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm. It is underused and thus runs relatively infrequently.
- Palm Tran  buses serves Boca Raton as well as the rest of Palm Beach County are available. Buses run every 20-45 minutes, depending on the route.
- Delray Scooter Rental, LLC, (561) 723-4387, (561) 441-5244. Scooter rentals delivered and picked up for Downtown and Beach areas in Boca Raton and Delray Beach.
- Royal Airport Transportation Service & Taxi Cab Company - 1901 Dixie Hwy, Boca Raton, FL 33432 (561) 809-8871 is a commonly used transportation service in Boca Raton.
Your best bet is to rent a car to get around. Boca Raton is not particularly friendly to bicycle traffic, the public transportation serves a limited portion of the city, and overall it's not a very walkable city outside of the downtown area.
- Boca Raton Museum of Art, in the Mizner Park complex, most of which is an upscale mall. Some good items in the permanent collection, and often hosts some fine traveling exhibits. 
- Concert and Live Show Venues:
- Counte de Hoernle Amphitheater - This amphitheater is run by local philanthropists who contribute significant amounts to local and regional causes. The Amphitheatre hosts quite a variety of cultural events throughout the year. It is located near the Boca Raton Museum of Art in Mizner Park. Guests over the last few years have included Lynyrd Skynyrd and Jack Johnson.
- Mizner Park Amphitheater, 590 Plaza Real, (561) 750-1668,  Presents a minimum of 20 concerts and events annually from a wide range of musical genres including country, jazz and classic rock. The amphitheater can accommodate up to 4000 fans for general admission events. Box Office Hours: Monday – Friday: 12PM – 5PM,Day of show: 12PM – 9PM
- Sunset Cove Amphitheater, 12551 Glades Rd., Boca Raton, FL 33498. (561) 488-8069. Hosts concerts as well as community movies. Previous acts have included Tegan & Sara and Rise Against. 
- Gumbo Limbo Nature Center, 1801 N. Ocean Blvd, Boca Raton, FL 33432. (561) 338-1473. A small but fun nature center by the beach. Admission is free and exhibits highlight South Florida's natural wildlife, including a boardwalk trail through mangroves, butterfly garden, several large saltwater tanks, a turtle rehab center and the Florida Atlantic University Research Labs and Galleries.
- Movie theaters:
- Cinemark Palace 20 - 3200 Airport Rd, Boca Raton, FL 33431. Great movie theater right off I-95 that closes very late. This is easily the most popular theater in Boca Raton. Shows all new movies including 3D, but no IMAX. The second floor is the Premier level including full bar and a restaurant.
- iPic Theaters - 433 Plaza Real, Boca Raton, FL. (561) 393-3269. Upscale movie theater in Mizner Park, downtown Boca Raton. While the tickets are the most expensive in Boca, you're paying for a premium experience. The theater has a fancy club atmosphere with pre-selected seats, premium plush chairs and pillows, food service into the theater, and a Salt Lounge bar for drinks.
- Living Room Theaters - an all-digital independent/art house movie theater on the campus of Florida Atlantic University, the only one of its kind on a college campus. Not only do they show movies neglected in the mainstream theaters but they also have bar and food service delivered to you during the movie. Best day to go is Monday or Tuesday. (http://fau.livingroomtheaters.com/)
- Regal Shadowood 16 - 9889 Glades Road. (561) 482-2296. Probably the cheapest ticket to the movies and serves primarily West Boca Raton.
- Musical Theater and Stage productions:
- Caldwell Theatre Company. 7901 North Federal Highway. 561-241-7432. Located on the west side of Federal Highway of north Boca Raton, the Caldwell Theatre Company opened its doors in December 1975 at the suggestion of James R. Caldwell, inventor of the rubber dustpan and founder of the Rubbermaid Corporation. Over the course of 34 years and four different locations, including its now permanent location in the Count de Hoernle Theatre, the Caldwell has been called South Florida’s “Cinderella Theatre” and Boca Raton’s “Jewel in the Crown.” 
- Florida Atlantic University - Located along Glades Road (exit from I-95). Serving over 30,000 students, FAU is the largest university in Boca Raton and home to several Division I athletics programs. Notable features include on-campus football and basketball stadiums, a medical school, an art house movie theater and two university art galleries. (http://www.fau.edu/)
- Lynn University - Located on Military Rd (exit Yamato from I-95). Private college serving nearly 3,000 students known for its diverse population, aeronautics program, music conservatory and exceptional Division II athletes. With a large international student population, this college was the site of the third and final 2012 Presidential debate.
- Palm Beach State College (previously known as Palm Beach Community College) - Located on the campus of Florida Atlantic University and serving approximately 15,000 students at its Boca campus, Palm Beach State College offers a variety of classes including continuing education courses. (http://www.palmbeachstate.edu/)
- Digital Media Arts College, more commonly known as DMAC, is a private arts college that focuses on programs in Animation, Game Art Design, Graphic Design, Advertising Design and Visual effects animation. (http://www.dmac.edu)
Altogether Boca Raton campuses serve around 48,000 college students daily so Boca Raton tends to have a steady population of younger people as well.
- Indoor Fun
- Boomers - a family entertainment center where you can enjoy mini golf, laser tag, go karts and a full arcade.
- The Burrow - 777 Glades Road. Florida Atlantic University's on-campus basketball arena, where it hosts Division I basketball games from November through March. Amenities include Club boxes, large video scoreboard, team store and concessions. FAU also brings a live owl (the school's mascot) around so people in the audience can take pictures with it.
- Strikes @ Boca Bowling Alley - This bowling alley located at 21046 Commercial Trl, Boca Raton, FL 33486-1007 is the only bowling alley in Boca Raton. It's also a hotspot for college students in the area. It's located near the Town Center Mall so people tend to look around the mall and then head to the bowling alley.
- Spa Palazzo - This spa is known for its array of therapeutic massages and steams, open 6 days a week in the Boca Raton Resort and Hotel.
- Outdoor Fun
- Boca Raton Resort & Club Amenities - Guests and members of this club can use their private golf courses and beaches as well as eat at the beautiful restaurants.
- Coconut Cove Waterpark - 11200 Park Access Road, Boca Raton, FL 33498. (561) 274 - 1140. Open seasonally, this small community waterpark in west Boca Raton is home to a lazy river, slides and a water playground structure. A fun way to cool off for kids and families but not recommended for thrill-seekers. 
- FAU Stadium - 777 Glades Road. A beautiful, beach-themed stadium hosting Division I college football games from August to December. Amenities include an open air bar, club seats and a view of the Atlantic Ocean from the upper levels. Concessions include Subway, Tomasso's italian (with special "Owl Ball", a meatball entree inside a garlic roll) Chicken Grill and local BBQ favorite Mississippi Sweets. Attendees are encouraged to wear blue and red and mingle with the FAU community; students tailgate in front of the stadium at the "Rat's Mouth" but tailgating can be found all over campus on gamedays.
- Intracoastal - tour by boat, during the holidays or for special events, boat tours are available and captains will gladly drive you and your guests down the intercoastal. Tours are also available for sight seeing and a guided one to view celebrity houses from the water.
- Mizner Park, 433 Plaza Real,(561) 362-0606.  Mizner Park has unique boutiques, sumptuous eateries, energizing music and inspiring art. It's an interesting place to walk around for a couple hours. This upscale shopping plaza is basically the crux of the otherwise dull Boca Raton downtown area.
- Professional Sports in the area - There are no professional teams in Boca Raton, only college sports, which are the main attraction here. Pro teams can be found within an hour's drive: Miami Dolphins football (37 mi), Florida Panthers hockey (30.5 mi), Miami Heat basketball (48 mi) and Miami Marlins baseball (48 mi). Also consider the Royal Palm Polo Sports Complex (7.1 mi) where some of the world's top polo players play during the months of (Jan-Apr), as Boca Raton is known as the winter capital. Watching greyhound racing at the Palm Beach Kennel Club (24.4 mi) is also an option; as is the Dania Jai-Alai (29.6 mi) at Dania Beach.
- Spanish River Beach - Easily the most popular beach, especially for younger crowds. Residents and tourists typically take Spanish River Blvd east towards A1A road and parallel park along NE Spanish River Blvd or at nearby Spanish River Park.
- Notable Public Parks:
- Patch Reef Park - 2000 Yamato Road Boca Raton, FL 33431- This park has great trails for bike riding and exercising. There are also tennis courts and basketball courts, in addition to open fields. There are classes taught at the recreational center, such as yoga and hip-hop. Also, the Boca Raton chapter of the World Adult Kickball Association holds games here on weekends. (http://www.ci.boca-raton.fl.us/rec/parks/patchreef.shtm)
- Red Reef Park, - A 67 Acre Oceanfront park including the 20 Acre Gumbo Limbo Environmental Education Center . A fun and interesting feature of the beach is a rock outcropping and a series of small man-made reefs about 10 feet off shore, where even beginning snorkelers can enjoy swimming with small colorful tropical fish. The picnic area of the Park is equipped with grills, tables and restrooms, but the real attraction here is the snorkeling.
- South County Regional Park - open from dawn-dusk with tennis courts, soccer fields, water park, and trails great for running. Arrangements can be made for picnic and private events. This park is very popular during the summer time as there are also camps available for children.
- Sugar Sands Park,  is a great place to take the kids. It has an enormous fort/jungle gym, carousel, ball parks, etc.
- Tim Huxhold Skate Park, 400 Crawford Boulevard, Boca Raton, FL 33432. An all-cement skate park, mostly used by teens, and shuffleboard courts. 
- Boca Town Center Mall,  is the well-known high-end retail mall on Glades Road, just west of I-95 and east of Turnpike. The mall includes high end stores such as: Louis Vuitton, Burberry, and Tiffany&Co as well as many great restaurants.
- Mizner Park,  is a chic mixed-used new urbanism district in a revitalized part of downtown Boca.
- Royal Palm Place,  is a charming mixed-use development in the heart of downtown Boca. Featuring international restaurants, salons & spas, acclaimed shopping, specialties & services, Class A Office Space and 185 luxury rental residences.
- Regency Court - Open 7 days a week. Offers an array of restaurant and shops for tourists or locals. 
- University Commons Plaza - 1400 Glades Road Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL. This strip plaza is home to many different stores including Whole Foods Market, Bed, Bath, and Beyond, a two-story Barnes and Noble Boookstore, and Swoozies. Restaurants in the plaza including: PF Changs, J.Alexanders, Mario's, Jamba Juice and 16 Handles frozen yogurt.
Boca has a deserved "ritzy" reputation, but good food can be found for a variety of budgets.
- Cannoli Kitchen, (561) 338-2929, . Pizzas (whole or by the slice-- they often have up to 2 dozen different varieties of pizza available by the slice at any one time!), pastas, and other good Italian in addition to the namesake cannoli deserts. Mostly take out or delivery, but they have a small counter if you want to eat there.
- Lindburgers – West Boca, 9834 Glades Road, Phone: (561) 218-5557, . Delivery: (561) 488-9665. Serves over 50 versions of their old-fashioned 7-ounce sirloin burgers. If you've ever tasted a hamburger fried in a cast-iron pan, you have a good idea of what goes on at Lindburgers.
- Mississippi Sweets, 2399 N. Federal Hwy., just north of 20th Street on US 1. Reasonably-priced BBQ joint with genuine Southern-style cooking. BBQ is St. Louis-style.
- Salad Creations, 5250 Town Center Circle Ste. 129, you choose all the ingredients you want in your salad or wrap.
- Sal's New York Grill, 200 S. Federal Highway (561) 392-1969. New York Italian deli and similar dishes, breakfast, lunch, or diner.
- Sieng House, 1001 S. W. 2nd Avenue, Suite 500 (Just off Camino Real west of Dixie Highway, next to the Walgreens). Good Chinese with extensive menu.
- Tin Muffin, (561) 392-9446, 364 E Palmetto Park Rd. Sandwiches, quiches, soups, muffins and desserts served at this small breakfast and lunch restaurant. Outdoor tables as well as a few indoor tables.
- Tomasso's Pizza & Italian Restaurant, 1229 West Palmetto Park Road. (561) 392-8985. . A reasonably priced locally-owned pizza chain. Take-out, Delivery, and dine in available. Huge slices also!
- Too Jay's 2200 West Glades Road.  Old style New York type deli, good quality, generous servings. Original location in Palm Beach; now a small chain around south and central Florida. Tel (561) 392-4181
- Cold Stone Creamery, 2200 W. Glades Road, (561) 391-6966 or Delivery (561) 488-9665, . Branch of Kosher certified national ice cream chain.
- Sonny's Gelato Cafe, 2151 North Federal Highway, . Sonny's offers gelato at a great price and fun and friendly atmosphere. Also Italian cookies, capucino, etc.
- The Gelato Shoppe Petrini, 8177 Glades Road . Offers wide range of authentic Italian gelato and a reasonable lunch menu (mon-friday, 11AM to 3PM only). Coffees, Belgian waffles offered from 11AM to 10PM. 561-488-3070. Closed Friday evenings until Saturday evenings. Kosher Certified ORB.
- Asian Grill Japanese and Chinese Restaurant, 10018 Spanish Isles Blvd. Bay A-2 Boca Raton, FL 33498, ☎ (561) 883-3903, . Home of the best Japanese and Chinese Take Out/Free Delivery in West Boca Raton area. Family owned and operated in two different locations for over 10 years.
- Augy's Pizza Board Restaurant, 1501 NW Boca Raton Blvd, 368-1330. Dozens of daily specials. Local favorite for their stuffed artichoke, baked clams oreganata, along with the snapper Provencal, made with fresh tomatoes, garlic and white wine sauce. Located in East Boca North of Glades Rd on NW 2nd ave.
- Bangkok in Boca, 500 Via De Palmas Ste 79, Phone: (561) 394-6912. Casual restaurant with live entertainment and outdoor seating, serving a menu full of rich authentic Thai curries with nearly fat free dishes, using the freshest ingredients in the area. Offering a wide selection of entrees with fresh seafood. Located south of Mizner Park off US1, in the Royal Palm Plaza.
- Bullfish Raw Bar & Grill, 7036 W. Palmetto Park Road; Suite 64, 392-5040, Casual, fun restaurant with a full bar & lounge and outdoor patio. Full menu for take out and delivery. Located in the Garden Shoppes of Boca Raton, there is a Large Secure Free Parking Lot across from Publix, available to all customers. Southwest corner of Palmetto & Powerline Rd in West Boca.
- Coal Mine Pizza, 399 SE Mizner Blvd, Royal Palm Place, 826-2625, . There are 10 specialty pizzas, balsamic coal-baked chicken wings, the Far East Crispy Shrimp, as well as the Tuscan salad, and daily specials.
- Curries & More 217 East Palmetto Park Rd. tel 392-29999. Indian food in South Florida. For those with nut allerigies, selected dishes can be made without cashew sauce.
- Gary Woo's Asian Bistro, ☎ (561) 368-8803, . Unique Chinese restaurant that has real chefs from Chinatown in New York City. If you want authentic New York Chinese food in Boca Raton, you definitely need to check Gary Woo's. The food is fresh and traditional.
- Houstans- 1900 NW Executive Center Cir. Boca Raton, FL 33431. This restaurant offers burgers, salads, and a variety of entrees. It is priced a big higher, but the food and service are both exceptional .
- Jasmine - Taste of Orient, 7860 Glades Rd Ste 105, 483-8888. Chinese restaurant with classic Pekingese specialties elegantly prepared and flavorful such as Peking Duck, lamb in garlic sauce, and honey-roasted ribs.
- Kagura Japanese Restaurant, 5030 Champion Blvd Ste D8, Polo Shoppes (561) 241-5958, Delivery:(877) 632-5487. Specialties: Sushi Bar with full menu of Japanese Cuisine available for Dine in, Take out and Delivery.
- Lilly's New Cuisine, 451 East Palmetto Park Rd, (561) 362-0208, Homemade pastas specialities including seafood and sausages for a one of a kind experience.
- Mario's of Boca 2200 Glades Rd., Phone (561)392-5595, . Popular Italian Bistro with an extensive menu of Southern and Northern Italian Cuisine for both lunch and dinner with a daily Lunch buffet. Located next to the Holiday Inn by I-95, Glades Rd and Military Trail with convenient take-out and delivery service.
- Outback Steakhouse, 6030 S.W. 18th St., Boca Raton FL 33433, (561) 338-6283, . Australian steakhouse concept open for dinner only. Serves beef and steak items, for a good portion of the menu. As well as a variety of chicken, ribs, seafood, and pasta dishes. Located just west of military trail on Sw 18th st. Convenient curbside take-out and NEW delivery service.
- Pizza Fusion, 196 N Federal Highway,(561) 213-6512, Delivery:(877) 632-5487. . The Pizza Fusion all-natural, gluten-free, organic pie is a slender 28” long and 9” wide and it’s crust is thin and crispy, using 100% all-natural “00” flour imported from Naples, Italy. Topped with locally grown, organic ingredients (when available), baking all ingredients in it’s soap-stone Roto-flex oven and delivering it’s delicious meals in Pizza Fusion’s earth-friendly Hybrid delivery vessels.
- Punjab Indian Restaurant 1801 N Federal Hwy.,(561) 392-8000. Their lunch menu is extremely affordable and their dinner menu is on par. The lamb tandori is excellent and can be served mild or spicy. Vegetarian Indian vegan options as well. Located next to the Boca Inn in East Boca just north of Glades Rd.
- Red's Backwoods BBQ, 1345 W. Palmetto Park Rd., (561) 417-0797. . BBQ, Chicken, Ribs, Catfish, burgers, steaks and the sweet potato fries are a must. Located just east of I-95 on Palmetto Pk Rd.
- La Rosa Nautica Restaurant  515 N. E. 20th St (just off Federal Highway). Authentic Peruvian cuisine. Lots of excellent seafood, along with tasty beef and chicken dishes. 7 days 11a - 10p. Tel (561) 296-1413.
- Siam Sea - Japanese Sushi & Thai, 7860 Glades Rd., (561) 483-3440. Enjoy a tasty curry or fresh sushi at the sushi bar .
- Steve's Wood Fired Pizza, 9180 Glades Rd, (561) 483-5665. West Boca Raton's Authentic Italian Neighborhood Pizzeria. "Steve's Pizza" has more than 50 types of freshly-prepared wood fired brick oven pizza, as well as salads, pasta entrees, salad wraps and desserts. One pizza is enough for one hungry adult.
- ""Stir Crazy- Located on 6000 Glades Rd Boca Raton, FL 33431 (In Boca Town Center Mall)- This restaurant offers Chinese, Japanese, Thai and Vietnamese food. People are given the option to stir fry food or order from the menu.
- Sushi Masa Thai Cuisine 2200 Glades Rd, (561) 347-0008. Sushi Masa is no mere sushi bar, specializing in Thai and Japanese cuisine. Impressive Thai menu includes Duck curry, seafood garlic, seafood curry, and fried fish with sauce choice, cooked rolls, Pad Thai, a delicious mix of stir fried rice noodles with egg, bean sprouts, ground roasted peanuts, and your choice of chicken, shrimp, beef, veggies, or a combination of your choice. Prices at Sushi Masa, are a nice bargain.
- Sushi Thai Asian Bistro 100 NE Second St., (561) 750-4448. The list of sushi covers just about anything you could want, including a large variety of cooked rolls, tamaki and complete sushi/sashimi dinners. Appetizers include deep-fried lemongrass rolls, duck noodle soup, green papaya, tomato and shrimp salad. Favorites include Pad Thai and Pad Woonsen, and a dish called deep blue sea, with scallops, shrimp, mussels, fish and veggies. Just south of Mizner Park in East Boca Raton.
- Taverna Helios 2997 East Palmetto Park Rd. Good Greek in a casual atmosphere. M-Sa Noon - 9PM. Tel (561) 281-4879
- Watercolors, in the Boca Raton Bridge Hotel, 999 East Camino Real. (561) 368-9500. Nice restaurant and bar to visit when you want to relax, dance or just enjoy good food in a casual atmosphere. Overlooking Boca Raton inlet.
- Yucatan Mexican Grill 525 S Federal Hwy., (954) 481-9933. Great salsa, great food, good service. Karoke Night Thursdays, 2 for 1 Margaritas.
- Abe & Louies- 2200 West Glades Road Boca Raton, FL 33431. This restaurant is known for its fresh seafood, steaks, and fine dining atmosphere.
- Chops Lobster Bar- 101 Plaza Real S # H, Boca Raton, FL 33432-4855 (561) 395-2675- This restaurant has exceptional food and service, and it consistently ranks as one of the top ten steakhouses in the country. Exquisite seafood flown in fresh daily and the USDA prime aged beef is served in the warm ambiance of the dark wood dining room.
- Max's Grille in Mizner Park- 404 Plaza Real Mizner Park, Boca Raton 33432 (561)368-0080- offers everything from steak to salmon and other great foods. This restaurant offers both indoor and outdoor eating, which is nice for nights that bands perform outside.
- New York Prime- This is a hot steakhouse in Boca Raton features high-quality USDA Grade steak, fresh seafood, vegetables, and fine wine selections.
- Ristorante Bova, 1450 N. Federal Highway (Just north of Glades Rd. on Federal Highway in East Boca.), (561) 362-7407.Contemporary Upscale Italian Nuovo Classico Cuisine.
- Ruth's Chris-225 Northeast Mizner Boulevard, Boca Raton - (561) 392-6746- The dining room is fantastic and the food (served a la carte) is exquisite. From the filets to the seafood, everything is a must. The desserts are worth the price.
- Seasons 52,  2300 N.W. Executive Center Drive, (561) 998-9952 - Seasons 52 is a casually sophisticated grill and wine bar and a seasonally changing as well as health-conscious menu.
- Uncle Tai's, 5250 Town Center Circle, (561) 368-8806, Delivery:(877) 632-5487 . Uncle Tai's has excellent Authentic Hunan style Chinese food, not Thai.  Monthly cooking classes (with advanced reservations) are taught by the restaurants head chef James Tai.
Boca Raton doesn't have a very lively downtown area but interspersed throughout the city are some great bars, from local faves to upscale chains.
- Biergarten. 309 Via De Palmas #90, Boca Raton, FL 33432. 561-395-7462. A German-American themed bar and restaurant serving beers and steins to complement foods like potato pancakes, bratwurst tacos and different kinds of schnitzel. 
- Blue Martini, 6000 Glades Road, Suite C-1380 Boca Raton, FL 33431. This trendy upscale bar sells appetizers in addition to fabulous martinis. Attached to the Boca Raton Town Center Mall.
- Brewzzi Boca Raton, 2222 Glades Rd, (561) 392-2739, An Italian American Bistro and Microbrewery in central Boca. Winning both gold and silver medals at the Great American Beer Fest 2000-2003, Brewzzi is the most honored brewery in Florida. In addition to the 2 for 1 Happy Hour (3PM-6:30PM, M-Th) serving the award winning beers as well as cocktails, there are also 2 for 1 drinks 9:30PM-Close daily. A good place to eat and drink.
- Bullfish Sports Bar, 11379 W Palmetto Park Rd. Suite F, (561) 482-0052 ,Delivery (561) 488-9665, Formally known as Packy's of Boca Raton, still a warm, family friendly bar that welcomes all NY Jets and NY Giants fans as well as other sports enthusiasts. Plenty to watch with 17 TVs, including 7 satellites. Nightly beer specials including All Day, All Night $2 Pints of Heineken. Karaoke night Thursdays. Tuesday Night kids special, free kids meal with purchase of adult entree. Located in the southeast corner of the Loggers Run Plaza in West Boca Raton.
- Dubliner Irish Bar. 435 Plaza Real, Boca Raton, Fl 33432. Located in Mizner Park, the Dubliner is one of the most popular bars in downtown Boca Raton. However, it's in a somewhat small space so the place is almost always packed. 
- Holloway's Pub, 504 Via de Palmas, (561) 361-8445, Anyone thinking that Boca Raton is pretentious hasn't been to Holloway's Pub just south of Palmetto Park Rd. on Federal Highway, in the Royal Palm Place shopping center in East Boca Raton. Fun place, very laid back, friendly atmosphere. Live music from Walt Rooney every Friday night, starting at 9PM. Karaoke every Saturday night at 9PM. Lunch served daily, prime rib special on Fridays. Closes at 2AM every night.
- College Bars
- The Funky Buddah Lounge and Brewery. 2621 North Federal Highway Boca Raton, FL 33431. (561) 368-464. A college student hotspot, the Funky Buddah has won local awards for both Best Beer Bar and Best Hookah Bar. It often hosts Open Mic, comedy shows and local bands. 
- Hooligans. 36 SE 3rd St, Boca Raton, Fl 33432. 561-347-7625. A "venue, bar, lounge" known for tapas-style cuisine and live music, particularly in the reggae and rock genres.
- The Irishmen. 1745 Northwest Boca Raton Boulevard Boca Raton, FL 33432.(561) 368-1129. Bills itself as a "neighborhood Irish sports pub" for all but frequented by college students, especially on Mondays for College Night. Occasionally has live entertainment and beer pong tournaments. 
- Nakava Kava Bar. 140 Northwest 20th Street Boca Raton, FL 33432. (561) 395-9888. Authentic kava bar near Florida Atlantic University. 
- Night Owl. 497 NE 20th St Boca Raton, FL 33431. (561) 245-1048. College bar down the street from FAU.
- Club Boca - Located on Military Trail, this nightclub is the primary spot for dancing in the area. There are certain nights where ladies drink free or are free of charge.
- New York Comedy Club - 8221 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL 33434 (http://www.nyccboca.com/) Chelsea Lately, Flo Hernandez, and other famous comedians have been known to visit the comedy club.
- Boca Raton Bridge Hotel, 999, East Camino Real, (866) 909-BOCA (2622),  Overlooking the Boca Raton Inlet by A1A, Originally known as The Bridge Hotel, Boca's second-oldest, albeit, fully renovated hotel. The pet-friendly Boca Raton Bridge Hotel offers resort-style accommodations close to the beach. Guests are within walking distance of South Inlet Park and two miles from various museums and an outdoor shopping malls including Mizner Park.
- Boca Resort and Spa, 501 East Camino Real, (888) 491-2622,  World–renowned Florida spa resort includes the tallest building in the city (and pink stucco, too), world class dining, as well as providing beachfront and intercoastal access with Professional Golf Course.
- Embassy Suites - Deerfield Beach, 950 Ocean Drive, 954 426-0478, .
- Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, 2000 NW 19th St.,(561) 368-5252, .
- Boca Raton Marriot at Boca Center, 5150 Town Center Circle, (561) 392-4600,.
- TownePlace Suites Boca Raton, 5110 NW 8th Avenue, (561) 994-7232..
- Hilton Suites Boca, 7920 Glades Road, (561)-483-3600]...
The Hilton Suites Boca Raton hotel, an all suite hotel, is in the heart of beautiful Boca Raton, Florida among a six acre lakeside complex surrounded by shopping and dining.
- Deerfield Beach is just to the south.
- Delray Beach, just north of Boca Raton is a sleepy beachfront town with beautiful beaches and a hip inland downtown district with good restaurants.
- City Place  is a nice mixed-use lifestyle development in downtown West Palm Beach. Just east of I-95 and next to the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts .
- Miami for sports events, fine dining, people watching and more.
- Palm Beach is Boca Raton's predecessor, a half hour's drive up the coast. Great for window-shopping and ogling the spectacular, palatial mansions on the waterfront.
|Routes through Boca Raton
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!