Bikaner is a city in north-west Rajasthan, India.
Bikaner can be reached by train from Delhi, Jaipur, Mumbai, Agra, Punjab and other major Indian towns. It can also be reached by road from Delhi Via Shekawati or Jaipur. The Highways are very good however the country roads in the shekawati region can be a bit of a dampner. The road from Jaipur Jaisalmer and Jodhpur are the best roads. The nearest Airport is Jodhpur (around 4.5 hours journey) and is well connected by road and rail. However, travelling via Jaipur (6.5 hours distance) gives you more option in terms of flight frequency and choice of Airlines. Overall it comes out to be cheaper (due to availablility of low-cost airlines) if you travel via Jaipur.
Getting around in Bikaner is best done using Trishaws and Tongas ( horse carts)
due to the fact that streets are too narrow (so that they are not clogged with sand incase of a sandstrom which are very frequent) and busy for cars. These are very cheap and a day's hire shouldn't cost more that 250 rupees. Bicycles can be hired near the Railway Station.
- Junagarh Fort: The fort was built by Raja Rai Singh, the sixth ruler of Bikaner who reigned from 1571 to 1612. It is a fort of the Bikaner royal family. You will get a chance to know about the history of the Bikaner royal family. Also has a museum which displays weapons, ornaments of the previous era. This is one of the oldest forts and never difited in history one of the few forts in India. One of the king saved all hindus of the world from being converted to Islam by emperor Aurangjeb.
- Laxmi Niwas palace: The Laxmi Niwas Palace is a former residential palace of the king of the former Bikaner state, Maharajah Ganga Singh in Bikaner in the Indian state of Rajasthan. It was designed by the British architect, Sir Samuel Swinton Jacob in the year 1902 completed in year 1926 and its part of llalgarh palace. The style of architecture is Indo-Saracenic. It is now a luxury hotel owned by Golden Triangle Fort & Palace P. Ltd.
- Lalgarh: Lalgarh is another fort of the Rajputana family. Some of the the Rajputana kings used to stay here. You will see the royal story of the Rajputana family.
- Karni Mata temple: is at Deshnok, 32 kilometres from Bikaner. This is a temple of a local deity, "Karni Mata". It is believed that the "Karni Mata" used to take care of the Rajputana family. This temple has a rat infestation but the locals believe them to be holy. you will likely be told that seeing a certain white rat is very auspicious, but if you press further most locals will tell you there is always one or two visible around the temple. Be careful while walking inside the temple, you might accidentally step on a rat.
- Shivbari Temple, Shivbari choraha. This is a centuries old shiva temple. It has two huge "Bawris" (water reservoirs), Thousands of people visit this place every year.
- Gajner Palace (time), bikan. Gajner near Bikaner is an incomparable jewel in the Thar Desert is built on the embankment of a lake. Built by H.H. Maharaja Sir Ganga Singhji of Bikaner, this Grand Heritage property is spread over 6000 acres. Gajner Palace was used as a hunting resort by the former Maharajas and visiting British dignitaries during the days of the Raj.
For a foodie a visit to Bhujia Bazaar (yes Bikaner does have a market named on famous Bikaneri Bhujia) and Chai Patti is a must. You will just fall in love with the Kachoris and Samosas at Chai Patti.
- Chhappan bhog, Station Road, Bikaner (Near Silver Square). One of the oldest fast food joints of Bikaner. The Rajkachori of this place is a show stealer, and a must for all those who are in for a chaat-treat. Other Good items on the menu include the Rava Dosa, with amazing fresh coconut chutney. The typical Indian-Chinese Chowmein is also lip-smacking.
- Sankhla kulfi. If you have a sweet tooth, particularly a penchant for Indian Sweets and are looking for some relief in the rising temperatures of Bikaner, then you need to drop by at Sankhla kulfi. The place promises to sell the best Kesar kulfi, and most of the consumers vouch for it;SKK is very well known Brand of kulfi in India,Priti Sankhla owner of Kesar is as refreshing and cool as Kesar kulfi .
- The Laxmi Niwas Palace, Dr. Karni Singhji Road, Bikaner, Rajasthan (India) 334001, ☎ +91 151 2202777 ([email protected]), . 106 year old palace, which is the former residential palace of the king. 45 standard rooms and 15 suites, all air-conditioned and many of them have direct access to an open terrace. Indoor games like billiards and ping pong, WiFi, conference rooms, a bar and a swimming pool. Rajasthani folk singers/dancers perform at the palace every evening. They have pictures of the royal family with the relevant historical factoids on the hallway walls which can be very informative for those interested, and they also arrange 'Sand dune dinners' with cultural programs at a desert site nearby.
- Hotel Shri Ram Heritage, A228 Sardul Ganj, ☎ 091 151 2522651,2521320, . checkin: 10.00AM; checkout: 9.00AM. Nicely decorated spacious rooms, with attached baths having hot and cold running water, in a calm residential area. Open Courtyard in front and rear with big open terrace upstairs 4400-11500.
- vino camel safari guest house (Bikaner), oppsite Gopeshwar temple Gangashar (2 k.m from Railway station), ☎ 0091-151-2270445, . checkin: 10A.M; checkout: 9AM. Vino Paying Guest House is a family run guest-house with garden and swimming pool and is an ideal and comfortable place for your stay in The desert city of Bikaner. From the warm welcome you receive on arrival, vinod and his family have been welcoming traveler for more than 15 years with cosy rooms, home-cooked meals and free cooking lesson, internet and friendly help for all your travel needs and arrang great camel safari in thar desert of Rajsthan.There are 10 nice rooms with private bath.price of double Rs. 300/- to 400/- Owner vinod make best camel desert safari in Bikaner INR400/-.
this shop sell things in local price and no commission system here.
they have handicraft item, textiles in cotton and silk. camel wool, scarfs and gift item.
this shop is very good place for tourist because here tourist they can find many thing in local price.
like for indian people and tourist people they have same price.
it is very good historical place for tourist and very nice shop.
shop name and address is .- Desert handicraft, Ratan Bihari Park, On K.E.M. Road, Bikaner