Bharatpur is a city in Rajasthan state in India best known for the Keoladeo Bird Sanctuary, an important way station for many types of migratory birds including the rare Siberian Crane. This is a city with great history ruled by jats and has a distinct place in jat history.
- For other places with the same name, see Bharatpur (disambiguation).
- Bharatpur Airport (IATA: BHR), (ICAO: VNBP), near the city center.
Local bus. Approx Rs40, 1 1/2 hours ride
To Fatehpur Sikri, Uttar Pradesh
Rs 12, one hour
Rs 90, five hours
Rs 15, one hour
Rs 45, four hours
Bus's depart at bus station and also beside Tourist reception center.
The Janata express (no 9023/4) leaves new delhi at 1.45pm and arives in Bharatpur at 8.05pm, arriving in the capital at 12.50pm (2nd class sleeper Rs 68/121). There are six trains daily to Sawai Madhopur (2nd class Rs78, four hours) and then at Kota after (2nd class/sleeper Rs43/121, six hours).
- From Delhi: Take NH2 till Mathura which is about 45km from Bharatpur on a small road. The primary access to the highway is along Mathura Road in Delhi but, if coming from South Delhi or Delhi Airport, it is easier to take Aurobindo Marg (Mehrauli Road) and then work up to NH2 via Tughlakabad. While the highway is divided, it is worthwhile keeping an eye out for trucks, cars, and bullock carts heading the wrong way!
- From Jaipur: National Highway 11, a two lane undivided highway, connects Bharatpur with Jaipur. The distance of around 200 Km can be covered in little less 4 hours.
Cycle rickshaws or Auto rickshaws are availible from the bus station and the tourist office. To hotels it is roughly Rs 25 and from the train station it should be Rs 30.
- 'Keoladeo Bird Sanctuary' also known as Ghana, world famous sanctuary developed by Maharaja Bharatpur. The best time to see the park is in October to Februray when there is a lot of migratory birds, otherwise it can be relatively bird free. The best times for bird spotting is early evening and morning. Admission is Rs 200, an optional driver is Rs100 an hour, and an optional guide is Rs150 an hour. Another way to see the park is to hire a bike at your hotel or entrance (approx Rs40/day)
- 'Lohagarh Fort or Upardangghari Fort' only fort in India invincible till date, one of the gems in the great jats crowns. A museum is also there in the fort.
- 'Kasrra Durbar palace'
- 'Diyalo Bangala Palace'
- 'DAO Building Bharatpur'
- 'Bharatpur Covered hall'
- Devghat One of the holiest Hindu places.
- Ganeshthan Temple The most famous Hindu temple in Bharatpur city.
- Bageshwari Temple
- Harihar Temple
- Kalika Temple
- Jakhadi Mai Temple
- Durga Temple
- Pasupatinath Temple
- Rameshowr Temple
- Ganga Mandir
Buns And Tins - Open air restaurant
Shagun Guest House
Single: Rs80, Double: Rs90; both with shared bathroom
- Swaraj Resorts, Opp Keoladeo Bird Sanctuary, NH-11 (Across the road from the bird sanctuary), ☎ 00919251033673, . checkin: 1300 hrs; checkout: 1200 pm. The city's largest resort, is also the most affordable. The hotel has a pool, wifi, multicuisine restaurant, well stocked bar, and lush green garden. The owners are Canadian-Indians, but the hospitality truly universal:) 1800.