BhadravathiEarth : Asia : South Asia : India : Southern India : Karnataka : Central Karnataka : Shimoga (district) : Bhadravathi
Bhadravathi is a city in Shimoga District, Karnataka. it is around 275 km from capital city Bangalore or 6 hours from train. It got its name as it is situated on river bank of Bhadra. It was earlier called Benkipura(very hot place). It is just 10km away from Shimoga. It is one of the major industrial town in Karnataka. It has two major industries VISL and MPM.
Being a Malenadu region there are 3 distinct seasons. There is rainy season with heavy rain fall, hot summer and cold winter.
Kannada is the major spoken language. However Hindi and English also used by educated people. Other languages like Telugu and Tamil are also widely understood.
The nearest airport is in Bangalore.
Rail links are available to Bangalore, Hubli, Mysore and shimoga. Daily around five trains are arrives from Bangalore and leaves to Bangalore. The main ones are Shatabdi, Chalukya Express, Inter city Express.
KSRTC will connect you from every other place.
you will get private town service buses. the ticket price is just around 3 to 5 Rs. By auto rickshaw, its 8 rupee minimum to 30Rs max.
- VISL — stands for Vishveshvaraia Iron and steels Ltd, one of the major steel industry in India. It was founded by Sir.M.Vishveshvaria.
- MPM — stands for Mysore paper mills, produces very high qulity of paper whos clients are overseas.
- Lakshmi Narasimha Swami temple — one of the oldest monuments, which is constructed by Cholas.
- Koodli — a place where river Bhadra and river Thunga joins. which is just 15km away from Bhadravathi.
- Kemmannu gundi — which is situated in chikmagalur dirstrict, is quit 30km away from it.
- Kodachadri — which is very refreshing and spiritual place where Adi guru Shankara Charya enlightened.
- Hebbi falls, Jog falls, BRP, and many more.
- Gondi Ashram- which is spritual and sight seeing place
Paani poori in rangappa circle is one of the best and don't miss if you been here. There are many theater around and the price of the tickets will be cheap just 40 to 50Rs.
There are no good quality hotels, but there are hotels like Kanchan, where you can expect cheap, tasty and healthy vegetarian food. Padma Nilaya is a good restaurant to get food and snacks and newly opened Sharadha heritage hotel has both lodging and hotel facility.It is just right infront of the railway station of Bhadravathi.
Filter Coffee available at local coffee shops and restaurants.