Betws y Coed (meaning Chapel in the Woods) is a village in Conwy, and is one of the primary tourist resorts in the Snowdonia National Park. The village claims to be Wales' most popular inland tourist resort. The name is often abbreviated to "Betws" or even "BYC".
Betws y Coed is on the historic A5 London to Holyhead trunk road.
Betws y Coed station is on the Conwy Valley branch line from Llandudno Junction to Blaenau Ffestiniog.
Betws y Coed is served by Bws Gwynedd services S2 (Llanrwst - Betws y Coed - Pen-y-Pass) and S97 (Porthmadog - Penryndeudraeth/Beddgelert - Betws y Coed)
- Swallow Falls. 2 miles to the west on the road to Capel Curig. The path to the falls is accessed via a turnstile at a charge of £1.
- The Ugly House (Ty Hyll), Home of the Snowdonia Society. 01690 720287. On the A5 road to the west of the village. Open 0930-1700. 7 days in summer, Mo-Fr in winter.
Betws y Coed's location in the heart of Snowdonia's mountains means that many visitors are here for hillwalking, Mountain Biking and climbing.
- Plas y Brenin - the National Mountain Centre. In the village of Capel Curig, about 5 miles away. 01690 720214. Offers courses in Hillwalking, Rock Climbing, Kayaking, Canoeing, Orienteering, Skiing and more. The centre has a pool, climbing walls, ropes course and a dry ski slope.
- Mountain Biking — check out the Marin and Penmachno Trails 
There are a number of outdoor clothing and equipment shops and also some shops selling local crafts.
- Ty Gwyn Hotel & Restaurant, (On the A5 just south of the village by Waterloo bridge), ☎ 01690 710383. Bar and restaurant in 18th century coaching inn, big portions, excellent food and service. Booking advised.
- Pont-y-Pair Hotel, (Centre of Betws-y-Coed opposite Pont-y-Pair bridge), ☎ 01690 710377, . Reasonably priced bar food in a traditional pub as well as a restaurant
There are many campsites in the area, especially on the road to Capel Curig
- YHA Betws-y-Coed, ☎ 01690 710796, . 2 miles west from the village centre, part of a larger hotel and bar complex next to the Swallow Falls. Open 365 days a year. Reception hours 0800 - 2100. 78 beds. Family rooms available.
- Plas Curig  is only 5 miles away in the village of Capel Curig.
- The Vagabond, Craiglan Road, Betws y Coed, ☎ 01690 710850, . checkout: 10am. Independent hostel in a detached Victorian villa. 36 beds, self-catering kitchen, bar, common room, meals available, climbing wall. Bed linen provided. Bed per night £14. B&B (obligatory at week-ends) £18. B&B and evening meal £25.