Bentota is a city in Southern Sri Lanka.
There are airconditioned buses (bus no. 2) that run from Colombo Fort to Galle that will stop at Bentota (2 - 2.5 hour journey)
and are fairly inexpensive (Rs. 150 or ~ 1.5 USD)
There is a small railway station in Bentota but most of the trains stop at Aluthgama (2 km from Bentota).
Bentota Perahera, (A2 road). Buddhism festival which happens once a year at the end of December. It is similar but smaller than the Esala Perahera in Kandy. Elphants, dancers, fire jugglers and musicians parade from 11:00 pm to 01:00 am
Turtle hatcheries, (Induruwa beach). Place where turtle eggs and babies are protected until their release. Open to tourists.
- Chaplon tea center, Galle road 190. Bentota, ☎ 914545083, . 08-23. Chaplon tea center in Bentota offers freshly picked ceylon tea from it's own estate. The tea center is made in colony style, remindig of the time, when Sri Lanka was a british colony. Tea is served on the veranda.
- Silk Route Cafe & Restaurant, 357 Warahena, ☎ 0342271717. Silk Route Café serves an authentic selection of culinary delights from countries in the ancient land & naval silk routes. The menu is inspired by the vibrant cultures on the route & their mastery in the use of spices,herbs & flavours. 5 $- 30 $.
- Cocoon Resort and Villas, Kaikawala Road, Induruwa, 80510, ☎ +94(0)115744400 (fax: +94(0)117533233), . It offers accommodations with the following names: silk rooms, luxury villas, extravagant villas, and grand villas. All are equipped with a king-sized bed, air conditioning, and satellite/cable tv. The resort also has a restaurant, massage service and steamroom.
- Temple Tree Resort & Spa, 660, Galle Road, ☎ 94342270700, . Each room is equipped with an air-conditioner, cable TV, and mini-bar, coffee/tea maker. The hotel also has a swimming pool and spa, high-speed internet access, and provides airport and city transfers. Rates on official website start at USD 135.00.
- Dalmanuta Gardens - Ayurvedic Resort & Restaurant, 21 Meegama Road, Warapitiya, Bentota River (Along the Bentota River), ☎ 0773434434, . Dalmanuta Gardens is an Ayurvedic resort and restaurant surrounded by gardens. Dalmanuta Gardens offers a high quality Ayurvedic treatment in a relaxed environment. From 150 $.
Trains from Aluthgama station go to Columbo, Hikkaduwa and Galle.