Belmont County is in Mid-Ohio. The county seat is St. Clairsville. It is located on the banks of the Ohio River, which is the state line separating Ohio and West Virginia.
- Belmont Lake
- Peidmont Lake
- Ohio University Eastern
- Belmont Technical College
- I 70, runs E/W through the county. Route 7 goes N/S, along the Ohio River.
- Ohio River.
Pike Island, two locks and a gated dam, one of the two major types of dams in service. Controls the water level in the navigation pool upriver of the dam. Machinery moves large chains which lift gates that are hinged into the body of the piers. The gates are raised or lowered to control the amount of water flowing under them. The upstream pool is maintained at a relatively constant level for an authorized depth of at least 9 feet throughout its length. The dam cannot be operated to control flood flows.
- Jamboree in the Hills [] is one of the largest country music concerts in the Mid-West. Jamboree in the Hills, located near St. Clairsville for 30 years, attracts country music fans from all over the United States and Canada. The Super Bowl of Country Music.
- The National Road Bikeway, St. Clairsville, the only bike trail in Ohio passing through a rail tunnel.
- Lake Shawn, (Six miles west of Powhatan Point in SR 148), ☎ 800-845-0036, . A private sportsman's paradise. The 108 acre property hosts one of the best fishing holes in the entire state. Anglers can catch hybrid striped bass as large as 14 pounds along with smallmouth, largemouth, giant bluegills, perch, crappie, trout and silver channel cats. Lake Shawn has two cabins available for rental year round for fishing and deer, turkey and pheasant hunting. People visit Lake Shawn from all over Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia not only because of the great fishing and hunting but rather because it is very private. Only small parties of fisherman and hunters are allowed on the property and it is by reservation only.
- Jamboree in the Hills, (Just east of Morristown on US 40), . One of the largest country music festivals in the Mid-West. Located just east of Morristown, 'Jambo' has attracted country music fans from all over the United States and Canada since it began in 1977.