Bellevue, is a small town in Sarpy County, Nebraska, just south of Omaha and west of the Missouri river. It was the oldest town in Nebraska and the oldest town west of the Missouri river. It is known for being home to Strategic Air Command.
The best roads that lead into Bellevue are Kennedy Freeway, Cornhusker Road, Highway 370, Fort Crook Road and Interstate 80.
There are three main roads that will lead you around Bellevue. The oldest being Mission Ave. this will take you throughout Bellevue's historic Olde Towne area. Cornhusker Road will take you through one of the newer parts of town, Wolf Creek. Highway 370 will take you past the Twin Creek area.
- Fontenelle Forest - 1111 No. Bellevue Blvd. (402) 731-3140 1,300 acres of pristine forest and fantastic vistas. It features over 17 miles of trails, a nature center, and a gift shop.
- The 1830s log cabin - the oldest remaining building between the Missouri River and the Pacific Ocean erected in the United States Territory.
- The 1st Presbyterian Church - located between 19th and 20th avenues in Olde Towne. Built in 1856, it is one of several remaining building from this era in Bellevue. People still get married there to this day.
- The Fontenelle Bank - the oldest commercial public building in Nebraska. It was the first bank granted the right to circulate and issue money in the Nebraska Territory. The original bank vault remains, as do the old bank teller cages.
- The Sarpy County Museum - 2402 Clay Street in Olde Towne. (402) 292-1880 The Museum is open year round excluding the holidays of Easter, Christmas, and Thanksgiving. Regular business hours are Tuesday - Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Closed Monday.
- Strategic Air and Space museum - located along Interstate 80, Exit 426, between Omaha and Lincoln. 1-800-358-5029. This museum is considered to be one of the best of its kind. It features world class airplanes, missiles, and various other aeronautical devices. Due to its close proximity to Offutt Air Force base this is an extremely popular attraction.
- The Bellevue Little Theatre - 291-1554. Located in Olde Towne, This is one of Bellevue's cultural gems. It is made up of entirely volunteers. The high quality of their performances has earned them a dedicated following in Bellevue. It show cases a variety of local talent. It's where you can enjoy a big theatre production with a small town community feel.
- Twin Creek Cinema - Highway 370 and 36th Street (402) 827-3456. Twin Creek Cinema is a spacious movie theatre. It has 16 screens, stadium seating, highbacked loveseats, 8 inches of leg room in every row, and plenty of parking spaces.
- Lied Activity Center - 2700 Arboretum Drive (corner of Hwy 370/Ft Crook) (402) 293-5000. The Lied Center features an indoor walking track, a fully equipped weight room, batting cages, swimming pool, basketball court, volleyball court, tennis court, and a softball field.
- Haworth Park - Mission Avenue & Payne Drive (402) 293-3142. 153 acres centered on the Missouri River. It has places for both RV and tent camping. It features a marina, 3 soccer fields, two fully lite baseball diamonds, 3 fully lite tennis courts, playground equipment, restrooms, electric RV pad hook ups, grills and picnic tables.
- Fontenelle Hills Golf Course - 1102 Country Club Court (402) 292-2500. 18 holes in Bellevue's lush forest area. It features a lounge, 250 seat banquet facility, pro shop, and it's open to the public.
- Wolf Creek Shopping Area - Bellevue's largest shopping area. It includes shops and stores like Richmond Gordmonds, Michaels, Gamestop, Walmart and many others. It also has various restaurants too.
- Twin Creek Shopping Area - It includes shops such as Nobbies, Target, Bakers, and several smaller shops too.
- Olde Towne - Here is where most of the towns smaller shops are featuring everything from a one of a kind hat maker to a rare coins dealer.
- The Amarillo - 303 Fort Crook Road (402) 291-7495. Know for it's World Famous BBQ, The Amarillo has been a favorite place for many of country musics biggest stars to get a bite to eat. It is one of only two in the world. (the other being in Texas)
- China Road - 4006 Twin Creek Drive (402) 291-8855. China Road is known more for how their food is served than their actual food. They take the time to make your food into art.
- Lansky's Pizza, Pasta & Philly Steaks- 4601 South 50th Street (402) 731-5243. Their name says it all.
- That's Amore`- 105 East Mission (402) 934-5800. Italian food presented in a romantic atmosphere.
- DJ's Dugout - 2440 Cornhusker Road (402) 292-9096. A top notch sports bar. It has great American style food and it has keno, competitive TV quizzes, and big screen TVs.
- Pharaoh's - 910 Fort Crook Road South (402) 981-4734. A bar featuring pool, darts, and keno. They serve food too.
- American Family Inn Motel - 1110 Fort Crook Road (402) 291-0804. 105 rooms, 8 suites, whirlpool rooms, heated outdoor pool, adult/children play area, microwave and refrigerator in every room.
- Best Western White House Inn- 305 Fort Crook Road (402) 293-1600. 59 rooms, sauna, weight room, Jacuzzi, refrigerator, recliner, hair dryer, iron/ironing board, in every room. Restaurants on each side of motel.
- Days Inn - 1811 Hillcrest Drive (402) 292-3800 Indoor pool, restaurant & lounge, 127 rooms,13 suites
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!