Bekasi is a city in West Java, Indonesia, not far from the capital, Jakarta. It is part of the "Jabotabek" region that makes up the conurbation around Jakarta.
There is Airport Bus (DAMRI) from GIANT Mall to Soekarno Hatta Airport, Jakarta, Departing every 30 minutes Travel Time nearly 1 and a Half Hour and Cost IDR30,000.00, last Bus from To/From Airport is at 12.00
Frequent bus service from all parts of Jakarta to Bekasi Barat (West Bekasi) and Bekasi Timur (East Bekasi) Bus Terminal, airconditioned bus fare Aprx IDR6000.00 from Blok M and take about 1 Hour
From Kota Station economy train which is over crowded all the time IDR1500.00 travel time around 1 hour, and Executive Train (also available from Gambir Station in Central Jakarta) IDR9000.00 Travel Time Aprx 45 Minutes, last Train Depart at 7 PM
Aprx Cost IDR85000 plus Toll (Time and Cost depending on Traffic)
Becak (tri cycle) is the best and most popular way getting around Bekasi, Price is negotiable but usually they ask reasonable fare (IDR5000 to 7000) for couple of Kilometers ride, 2 peoples can sit in.
For a single-traveller, Ojek (motorcycle) is the most effective transportation to use in Bekasi, the price is negotiable and quite cheaper than Becak. Ojek usually found in group on every street corners.
Another way is small vans called Kuasi, Dark reddish brown colored vans travel around in circles and cost from IDR1000 for short distance and IDR3000 max, convient and fast with no fixed stops, just say Kiri Ya if you want to get off and they will stop
Taxi is also available, by meter or for fixed fare, best place to find them is at Shopping malls parking and outside hotels.
Pasar Proyek have a lots of shops and stalls selling all kinds of footware at very cheap price.
- Koyoko is the most prominent, they have 2 shops (earlier they had 4) and the prices are very reasonable, Pasar Proyek is located at Jalan Ir. H. Juanda and very near to the Bekasi Train Station. There are lots of jewelery shops also there.
- Mall Metropolitan is one the oldest malls in Bekasi. Gramedia bookstore, Matahari departement store, Ace Hardware, KFC, The Body Shop, 21 Cineplex, Jco Donuts, Breadtalk, Athlete's Foot, Optik Seis, Melawai Optik are some of its vendors. It is adjecent to Hotel Horison Bekasi.
- Mega Bekasi or also known as Giants is right in front of Bekasi Barat exit Toll Gate. XXI Cineplex, nav Karaoke and Giant hypermarket are the main attraction of Mega Bekasi.
- BreadMart Pasar roti , stylish modern bakery with various products, in Bekasi area and Duren sawit
There are lots of Warung Nasi and Rumah Makan and Stalls scatered all over with all kinds of Indonesian foods, Cost is around IDR15000.00 per person for Nasi Putih (White Rice) with Any Curry consisting of Beef (Sapi) Mutton (Kambing)Chicken (Ayam) or Fish (Ikan) and Samble (Chili Sauce)or Nasi Uduk (White Rice & Chicken Fried in Coconut Milk)
- Ruko Kemang Pratama, Kemang Pratama Bekasi (From Bekasi Barat toll gate, turn right and follow the road until intersection. Make a left and go straight until you find another intersection, turn right and follow the road until you see Kemang Pratama gate on your right side. Don't afraid to ask locals because it's a well known place.). Ruko (3-story building normally used to do business on the first floor and use the second and third as house) Kemang Pratama is located along the main road of Kemang Pratama. It's across 2 major school in Bekasi, Marsudi rini and Al-Azhar. There are many choices of food from HEMA (Dutch food), Pawon Bulis( Javanese food ) , NORIKO ( International food ) to Klenger Burger. Also there are Chinese food restaurant and variative Indonesian food (Baso, Empal Gentong, etc.)
- Ruko Galaxi, Taman Galaxi Indah (take Jalan tol Jakarta-Cikampek, take the exit towards Jatibening toll gate, keep right at the fork to continue towards Jalan Caman and merge oto Jalan Caman, turn right at jalan Kyai Haji Noor Ali, turn right at Jalan Jakasampurna, continue onto Jalan Taman Galaxi Raya. Don't afraid to ask locals because it's a well known place). Ruko (2-story building, normally used to do bussiness on the first floor and use the second as house). You can find almost everything you need; Wartel, Warnet, variety of ATM, variety of food, mini market, beauty salon, gift shop, outfit shop. Try the menus from the street-sellers and stalls, they could provide more options of Indonesian Traditional foods such as Nasi Kucing (rice with smaller size combined with fried dishes and sambal), Es Doger (shredded ice with syrups and coconut milk, mixed with fermented rice and tapioka), Es Campur (shredded ice with syrups and sliced tropical fruits), Mi Ayam (chicken noodles), Nasi Uduk Pecel Lele (rice, cooked with coconut milk, combined with fried catfish and special sauce), Kue Putu (steamed cookies made of flour rice, shredded coconut and palm sugar), Kue Cenil (cookies made of tapioka flour, sugar and shredded coconut), Bubur Ayam (chicken porridge).
- Hotel Bunga Karang at Jalan Kartini, Single Standard Room cost IDR125000.00
- Hotel Horison, located right next to Mall Metropolitan Bekasi is a Luxury Hotel cost Around US$50.00