Ain El Mraisseh is in Beirut, situated along Beirut's coastal Cornish, which stretches for several kilometers, and is only a few minutes away from the renovated city center. This district was famous for its nightlife in the early 70's and is attempting to regain its reputation. It has the highest concentration of luxury hotels in Beirut and hosts internationally recognized coffee shops.
Ain El Mraiseh is located just to the North west of Downtown Beirut, beside the Beirut Marina. Walking is the easiest way to get there as it is not far at all.
- Souffleur Museum (Antique Collection), Sinno Street, Ain El Mreisseh 01 365 313. Call for private visits.
- Roller Skate along the wide smoothly paved seafront Corniche. At sunset the entire population heads towards the corniche to watch the sunset, so if you'd like some space to skate fast go there in the morning or late evening when the crowds disperse. The Corniche stretches for many kilometers and is absolutely perfect for skating especially because of the stunning view of the sea.
- Artisans du Liban et d'Orient, Ain Mreisseh, Beirut - Lebanon (Seafront), ☎ +961 1 362610 ([email protected], fax: +961 1 362611), . Artisans du Liban et d'Orient designs and produces ornaments of all sorts.
- Hard Rock Café, Ein El Mreisseh, Iben sina st., Bayview Hotel Beirut (look for big red guitar statue), ☎ 961-1-373023/4/5 (fax: 961-1-369079), . 12AM-late.
- Abou Sami Rest (Lebanese), Ain El Mreisseh, Choukry Ghanem str., ☎ 961 3 532891.
- Café d'Orient (Lebanese), Ain Mreysseh Sea Road, Ain Mreysseh, Beirut, ☎ 961.1.366222.
- Capmed (Lebanese), Ain El Mreisseh, Palm Beach Hotel, ☎ 961 1 372000.
- Au Premier (French), Ain El Mreisseh, Le Vendôme Inter-Continental, Beirut, ☎ 961 1 365553/961 1 212791.
- Le Colonial (French), Ain Mreisseh, Palm Beach Hotel, ☎ 961 1 372000.
- Cadmos Hotel Restaurant (Italian), Ain El Mreisseh, Cadmos Hotel, ☎ 961 1 366089.
- Splendido (Italian), (Ain El Mreisseh), ☎ 961 1 366222/961 1 365999.
- Casablanca, Ali Al Hout Building, Graham Street, Ain El Mreisseh. 01 369334. Open Tue-Sun 12noon-4pm, 8pm-12midnight; closed Monday. A Beiruti native’s gourmet paradise, this fusion restaurant serves up fresh fish and organic vegetables – so it’s focused on the healthy and delicious. The setting is funky, colourful and the crowd extremely ‘in.’ Sunday brunches are good, if a little overrated, especially in summer when the balcony overlooking the Mediterranean is open. Meal for two with wine: $70.
- Spaghetteria (Italian), Graham Street, Ain El Mreisseh. 01 363487. Open daily 12noon-12midnight. Transport yourself to a Naples trattoria in this old-timer with fantastic views on the Corniche. Fresh pasta to die for and we can’t recommend the spaghetti alle vongole rosse enough. Try the fish at this Italian classic, which has become the haunt of more than one expat foreign journalist. Meal for two with wine: around $35..
- Charles Hotel (3 stars), Ain El Mraisseh - Beirut, ☎ +961 - 1 - 362268 (fax: +961 - 1 - 363244).
- Cadmos Hotel (3 stars), Ain El Mraisseh - Beirut, ☎ +961 - 1 - 374890/7 ([email protected], fax: +961 - 1 - 374898/9), .
- Palm Beach Hotel (4 stars), Ain El Mraisseh - Beirut, ☎ +961 - 1 - 372000 ([email protected], fax: +961 - 1 - 369109), . $160-$800.
- Hotel Monroe (4 stars), Kennedy Street . Solidere. Beirut-Lebanon, Ain El Mraisseh - Beirut, ☎ +961 - 1 - 371122 ([email protected], fax: +961 - 1 - 371112), .
- Bayview Hotel (4 star), Ain El Mraisseh - Beirut, ☎ +961 - 1 - 373090 ([email protected], fax: +961 - 1 - 373091), . $135.
- The Radisson SAS Martinez Hotel (5 stars), Ain El Mraisseh - Beirut (LB-1267 Beirut - Lebanon), ☎ +961 - 1 - 368111 ([email protected], fax: +961 - 1 - 370333), . With its prime downtown location, the Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut sits within walking distance of the Mediterranean Sea, trendy shopping areas and renowned cultural attractions. Guests can see the sights of Lebanon's charismatic capital or simply recharge in the hotel's ornate indoor pool. This luxury Beirut hotel's facilities cater to discerning business and leisure travellers with its lobby bar, a restaurant that boasts fresh regional cuisine, upscale amenities and modern meeting facilities.
- InterContinental Phoenicia Hotel (5 stars), Ain El Mraisseh/Minet El Hosn, ☎ +961-1-369100 ([email protected], fax: +961 - 1 - 369101), . Overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, the InterContinental Phoenicia Beirut is situated along the famous boardwalk, “Corniche” a few minutes from the city’s business and banking district, and the ever lively and entertaining city center. Beirut International Airport is only a few kilometers away.
- Le Vendome Intercontinental Hotel (5 stars), Ain El Mraisseh - Beirut, ☎ +961-1-369280 ([email protected], fax: +961 - 1 - 360169), . $195-$2000.