| || |
| || |
Revision as of 13:38, 11 June 2006
Barnstable is in Massachusetts on Cape Cod. The City of Barnstable includes seven villages. Each village has unique and significant cultural and historical qualities.
- Centerville, located on the south side, is mostly residential and has beautiful beaches.
- Osterville is located on the south side, is residential, with a charming town center and a coast that includes inlets and harbors for boating and fishing.
- Hyannis is the town's commercial district including town offices and several shopping malls. Hyannis has a fine harbor and is also a fishing village. The harbor provides ferry access to Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket Islands. The regional airport and bus terminal are also here.
- Marstons Mills is primarily residential and is located on Route 28.
- Cotuit is a village located on a peninsula on the south side with several small beaches.
- West Barnstable is located on the north side, and is primarily residential.
- Barnstable Village is located on the north side and has a working harbor and several small beaches.
Please see village of Hyannis guide.
- Hyannis Whale Watcher Cruises, +1 508-362-6088 or +1 888-942-5392, .
- Barnstable Bat Company, 40 Pleasant Pines Av., Centerville, +1 888-549-8046, . Thomas and Christine Bednark have owned and operated this baseball bat shop since 1992. You can visit their tiny showroom in Centerville, where you can purchase bats they have made on premises.
- Tour The Cape Cod Potato Chip Company, 100 Breed's Hill Rd, Hyannis, +1 508-775-3358. Year roun M-F 9AM-5PM; Jul-Aug Sa,Su 10AM-4PM.
- John F. Kennedy Memorial, Ocean St., Hyannis.
- Sturgis Library, Rt. 6A, Barnstable Village, +1 508-362-6636. Oldest library in the country (1644). Genealogical and maritime history collections, charts and maps.
- Trayser Museum, 3352 Rte 6A, Barnstable Village, +1 508-362-2092.
- Cape Cod Melody Tent, 21 West Main St., Hyannis, +1 508-775-5630 (Box Office, daily 12PM-5PM, . Intimate theatre in the round with a schedule of world class acts.
- Barnstable Comedy Club, Village Hall - Route 6A, Barnstable, +1 508-362-6333 (General Information), +1 508-375-6333 (Box Office).
- Cape Cod Community College, 2240 Iyannough Road, West Barnstable, +1 508-362-2131 (General Information), +1 508-375-4044 (Box Office).
- Cape Cod Soaring, 114 Lovells Ln., Marstons Mills, +1 508-420-4201, . Year-round daily 9AM-10PM. Take a trip in a glider (sailplane): 20-40 minutes $90-$160.
- Great Marsh Kayak Tours, +1 508-775-6447, . Three to four hour tours for beginner, fly fishermen, naturalists, sunsets.
- Barnstable Restaurant and Tavern, 3176 Main St., +1 508-362-2355. Lunch and Dinner year round. Beyond the ordinary at decent prices. Italian a specialty.
- Mattakeese Wharf, 271 Mill Way, +1 508-632-4511, . Lunch and dinner May through October. Nice Harbor setting (eat on the deck!) and great seafood. $15-$30 at dinner
- Clambakes, Etc., 2952 Falmouth Rd., (Route 28) Osterville, +1 508-420-0500. Order in lobster and clams and steam 'em up!
- Barnstable Restaurant and Tavern, 3176 Main St., +1 508-362-2355.
See village of Hyannis for lodging there.
- Ashley Manor, 3660 Olde King’s Highway, Barnstable, 362-8044, E-mail: [email protected], [www.ashleymanor.net].
- Honeysuckle Hill Bed & Breakfast, 591 Old King's Highway, West Barnstable, +1 508-362-8418, Fax: +1 508-362-8386, Email: [email protected], .
- Heaven on High, 70 High St., West Barnstable, +1 508-362-4441 or +1 800-362-4044, email: [email protected], .
- Cape Cod's Lamb and Lion Inn 2504 Main St., Barnstable Village, +1 508-362-6823, . Top shelf B&B.
- Captain David Kelley House, 539 Main St., Centerville, +1 508-775-4707, .
- Fernbrook Inn, 481 Main St., Centerville, +1 508-775-4999.