| || |
'''Serbian Railways''' [http://www.zeleznicesrbije.com/active/en/home
/glavna_navigacija/putnicki_saobracaj/red_voznje.html] operates a train to/from [[Novi Sad ]], [[Serbia]] to Bar, making stops in many cities including [[Belgrade]], [[Niš]], and [[Podgorica]]. |+|
'''Serbian Railways''' [http://www.zeleznicesrbije.com/active/en/home.html] train from [[Novi Sad]] to Bar, making in cities including [[Belgrade]], [[Niš]], and [[Podgorica]].
| || |
Revision as of 14:45, 5 May 2011
Bar  is a major port for Montenegro.
The oldest olive tree in the world. Bar, Montenegro
The Old Town of Bar, which is 4km far from the coast, is the most significant among the numerous cultural-historical monuments, what witnesses to the turbulent history of this town. The remnants of the town are deaf witnesses of numerous conquerors and different cultures. On the postcard of Bar there are tourist facilities, restaurants, sport fields, trade and a marina with 1050 berths.
Serbian Railways  offers daily day and night train connections from Novi Sad to Bar, making stop-overs in several cities including Belgrade, Niš, and Podgorica. Also, there is a long-distance night train from Moscow via Kiev and Budapestwith , this train serves Belgrade but passes by Podgorica.
Montengro Lines  operates daily ferries to/from Bari, Italy departing at 10PM and arriving at 7:00 and costing 56 euros and up. The company also operates bi-weekly ferries to/from Ancona, Italy.
The bus station in Bar is located 2 km from centre, 300 m from train station. Frequent buses operate along the coast to Kotor and Budva. The journey to Podgorica takes a little over an hour, journeys to Ulcinj take about 30 minutes and journeys north to Budva and Kotor take one hour and just under two hours respectively. If you're heading to Bar's beaches in Susanj then you can ask to be let off the buses (for those coming from Podgorica, Budva and Kotor) in Susanj rather than having to walk all the way back from the bus station.
- A Marker Car Rental-Bar, ☎ +385 (0) 91 739 75 45.
During the summer months there is a local bus service running between Sutomare (about 5km north along the coast) and Bar. Services are hourly. Bar is a small city and everywhere is walkable. The walk between Bar and the beaches in Susanj will take about 30 minutes or taxi drivers will be happy to take you.
- Stari Bar (Bar Old Town).
- The Oldest Olive tree in the world. Between 2000 and 2500 years old
- Port of Bar. See a lot of great ships, beautiful yachts and small fishing boats.
- Beaches in Susanj. Cleaner water and more space a short walk along the promenade north of the city centre
- Konoba SPILJA, (Old Town), . Traditonal Dalmatian and Sestan Food.
- Restaurant Samba, J Tomasevica 41, ☎ 085 312 025. Partly inside, partly on a terrace with amazing mountain views. Popular with locals. Pricey.
- Tajana, (Old Town). Garden restaurant with tables inside and outside.
- Hostel Montenegro-Bar, Celuga Polje Bar (1km from the center of the city and port, 2 km from the train station and just 50m from the beach Zukotrlica), ([email protected]). Open all year round. Clean rooms.
- Villa Borović, Ratac, Sutomore Crna Gora, ☎ +38269072371, . Family-run 80 square meter villa that sleeps 6.
- Hotel Princess, ☎ +382 85 300 100 ([email protected]), . 4-star hotel directly facing the Adriatic and the boardwalk. Parking, fitness centre and other amenities. Single: €72-87; Double: €94-154.