| || |
The bus station in Bar is located 2 km from centre, 300 m from train station. Frequent buses operate along the coast to [[Kotor]] and [[Budva]]. The journey to [[Podgorica]] takes
90 minutes. |+|
The bus station in Bar is located 2 km from centre, 300 m from train station. Frequent buses operate along the coast to [[Kotor]] and [[Budva]]. The journey to [[Podgorica]] takes minutes .
| || |
Revision as of 22:54, 18 September 2010
Bar  is a major port for Montenegro.
The oldest olive tree in the world. Bar, Montenegro
The Old Town of Bar, which is 4km far from the coast, is the most significant among the numerous cultural-historical monuments, what witnesses to the turbulent history of this town. The remnants of the town are deaf witnesses of numerous conquerors and different cultures. On the postcard of Bar there are tourist facilities, restaurants, sport fields, trade and a marina with 1050 berths.
Serbian Railways  operates a train to/from Novi Sad, Serbia to Bar, making stops in many cities including Belgrade, Niš, and Podgorica.
Montengro Lines  operates daily ferries to/from Bari, Italy departing at 10PM and arriving at 7:00 and costing 56 euros and up. The company also operates bi-weekly ferries to/from Ancona, Italy.
The bus station in Bar is located 2 km from centre, 300 m from train station. Frequent buses operate along the coast to Kotor and Budva. The journey to Podgorica takes a little over an hour, journeys to Ulcinj take about 30 minutes and journeys north to Budva and Kotor take one hour and just under two hours respectively. If you're heading to Bar's beaches in Susanj then you can ask to be let off the buses (for those coming from Podgorica, Budva and Kotor) in Susanj rather than having to walk all the way back from the bus station.
- A Marker Car Rental-Bar, ☎ +385 (0) 91 739 75 45.
- Stari Bar (Bar Old Town).
- The Oldest Olive tree in the world. Between 2000 and 2500 years old
- Port of Bar. See a lot of great ships, beautiful yachts and small fishing boats.
- Konoba SPILJA, (Old Town), . Traditonal Dalmatian and Sestan Food.
- Restaurant Samba, J Tomasevica 41, ☎ 085 312 025. Partly inside, partly on a terrace with amazing mountain views. Popular with locals. Pricey.
- Tajana, (Old Town). Garden restaurant with tables inside and outside.
- Hostel Montenegro-Bar, Celuga Polje Bar (1km from the center of the city and port, 2 km from the train station and just 50m from the beach Zukotrlica), ([email protected]). Open all year round. Clean rooms.
- Villa Borović, Ratac, Sutomore Crna Gora, ☎ +38269072371, . Family-run 80 square meter villa that sleeps 6.
- Hotel Princess, ☎ +382 85 300 100 ([email protected]), . 4-star hotel directly facing the Adriatic and the boardwalk. Parking, fitness centre and other amenities. Single: €72-87; Double: €94-154.