BantayanCebu (island) : Bantayan
Bantayan is an island in the province of Cebu.
Bantayan is divided into three municipalities :
- Santa Fe
- Bantayan Town
Most of the accomodations and beaches are located in Santa Fe municipality. The ferries from Cebu also arrive there.
You can get to Bantayan Island from Hagnaya on Cebu Island, or from Cadiz in Negros Occidental.
Two ferry companies ply the route between Hagnaya on Cebu island and the port of Santa Fe in Bantayan.
- Super Shuttle Ferry
- Island Shipping Express
Ferries leave each port every hour starting from 6AM until 5PM. The fare was P185 in Jan 2018.
From Cebu North Bus terminal, P160 for a one way trip to Hagnaya Port on Aircon Ceres Liner. Takes about 3 to 4 hours. Ferry from Hagnaya Port to Santa Fe, Bantayan Islands, P160-P170
From Cadiz (Negros Occidental) there is a ferry everyday at 9 am to Bantayan City. Takes about 3 hours, and costs P290 (february 2016).
Far East Aviation Services currently operates air charter services from Mactan Cebu International Airpot to Bantayan Island airstrip in Santa Fe. The company has 4 seaters , 6 seaters and 10 seaters aircrafts and these are the following: Cessna 172, Cessna 206, Beechcraft Musketeer, Piper Cherokee Six and a BN2A Islander.
- Trisikad (local pedicab) - a short trip from the pier to the town should cost you about P25 one way. Able to negotiate P10 from pier to Santa fe town.
- Jeepny to go from one city to another. From Bantayan to Madrilejos or Bantayan to Satan Fe. It costs P25 (february 2016).
- Motorbike rental, from P250 to P450 a day, available in resorts and in rental shops in Santa Fe town
- Bicycle rental also available (P100 a day)
- Habal-habal (single motorbike with driver) for longer distances
- Island Sanctuary Santa Fe (Animal Sanctuary)
- Virgin Island
- Ogtong Cave
- Paradise Beach
- Bantayan Church
- Guiwanon Ocean Park (Fish Sanctuary)
- Kota Park
- Big Cross in Quarry
- Bantayan Nature Park
Visit Island Sanctuary Santa Fe to visit and play with the rescued dogs and cats. At Santa Fe just on the edge of town near Ogtong resort.
Go to the North shore town of Madridejos (about a 20 minute motorcycle ride on the main highway) and visit Kota Park which has an old fort used as a lookout for Moro raiders (The word Bantayan actually means "Lookout")
Also on the way to Madridejos you will go thru the town of Bantayan and there is a very old Catholic Chutch there that is also a scenic stop. The Church is in the main square when you get to Bantayan Town.
Kota Park also has a pier that you can walk out on as a scenic lookout and a nice beach for swimming and sun bathing.
There are also Beach Cottages to rent near Kota Park for overnight stays away from the more noisy Santa Fe tourist destination at the South Shore where the Ferry from Hagnaya arrives/departs. (Hagnaya is the port at the northwest tip of Cebu where the ferry departs to Bantayan Island).
You can take an air conditioned bus to Hagnaya from the bus terminal at Cebu City, just look for the sign on the front of the bus that says "Hagnaya". It is about a 2 to 3 hour ride to the port and maybe costs about 200 pesos. You will have plenty of sights to see while riding the bus too and they usually make a stop along the way for food and restrooms.
Most of the resorts there have also nice food, they buy fresh seafood from the fishermen there.
- Coucou Restaurant - operated by friendly owner Denis from Belgium, serves Filipino and Thai food as well as nice pizzas
- Balikbyan restaurant - German and Filipino food, try the Bicolano spicy dishes (Kinunot or Bicol express), the delicious steaks, the pork schnitzel or the mashed potatoes (further down the road after the other restaurants)
- Blue Ice restaurant - Danish operation
- Le Petit Bonheur - French operated, ice cream is their specialty
- O'Marisquera Portuguese restaurant - Portuguese and Filipino food
- Mango bar friendly bar on the opposite street from the coucou restaurant that has a small menu of home cooked western and British Indian dishes