- Rügen (Ruegen): Germany´s largest island (926 square kilometres). Famous for its bathing beaches and chalk cliffs as well as its diverse nature.
- Usedom: island in the east of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. Second largest island of Germany. Its western part is located on the national territory of Poland.
- Fischland-Darss-Zingst: peninsula in the north of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. Known for its fishing villages und bathing beaches.
- Rostock: university, ferry line, sea port
- Stralsund: German Oceanographic Museum  with the Ozeaneum, which was to be finished in 2008.
- Wismar: college, threw
- Greifswald: university
- Bad Doberan
- Kiel: university, ferry line
- Lübeck: university, college, ferry line, sea port
- Sassnitz: on the island of Rügen (Ruegen), ferry line, fishing port with the longest outside mole of Europe, chalk-cliffs ("Königstuhl" => "Kings chair")