The Baltic Sea Coast (Ostseeküste) of Germany is a vacation region located in the northern federal states of Schleswig-Holstein and Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania.
- Rostock: university, ferry line, sea port, sailing regatta "Hanse Sail"
- Stralsund: German Oceanographic Museum  with the Ozeaneum, which was to be finished in 2008. The Ozeaneum has been elected European museum of the year in 2010.
- Wismar: college
- Greifswald: university, nuclear fusion reactor "Wendelstein 7-X"
- Bad Doberan
- Heringsdorf: baltic sea spa on Usedom, large pier
- Kiel: university, ferry line
- Lübeck: university, college, ferry line, sea port
- Sassnitz: on the island of Rügen (Ruegen), ferry line, fishing port with the longest outside mole of Europe, chalk-cliffs ("Königstuhl" => "Kings chair")