Balneário CamboriúEarth : South America : Brazil : South (Brazil) : Santa Catarina : Balneário Camboriú
Balneário Camboriú is a resort city in the state of Santa Catarina.
Ministro Victor Konder International Airport (NVT) is the closest airport to Balneario Camboriu and is located in the municipality of Navegantes. It is about 30km north on BR-101. The airport's website has information in English regarding flights, facilities and other services. The aiport has direct flights to major Brazilian cities in the Brazilian south and southeast. It has occasional international flights during the summer. There are bus and taxis services between the airport and Balneario Camboriu.
You can also rent a car. The biggest Brazilian car-rental company is Localiza. Consider adding a GPS to the rented car so you don't waste your time getting lost. Driving in Brazil is not that easy as the signage is not that good.
As an alternative, you can use the Florianopolis Intl Airport (FLN) which is located about 80 km south of Balneário Camboriú. Florianopolis is the state capital and has a bigger airport.
Driving to Balneario Camboriu is relatively simple. Just get yourself into the BR-101. Just pay attention to the signs, but you usually will have to drive to the south. Distance from other cities:
- Florianopolis: 80 km - Blumenau: 80 km - Curitiba: 220 km - Porto Alegre: 550 km - São Paulo: 600 km
Balneario Camboriu is connected by bus to major Brazilian and Argentine cities.
Balneário Camboriú has 1 bus company that does transportation between neighborhoods named Expressul. This company also offers a tourist bus, called "Bondindinho", which runs along the entire central beach. Most bus lines run every day.
Terminal Rodoviário de Balneário Camboriú (Balneario Camboriu International Bus Station) Address: Av. Sta Catarina, 347 - Estados, Balneário Camboriú - SC, 88330-000, Brazil Phone:+55 47 3367-2901
- Praia dos Amores - Here the Atlantic forest shelters many species of fauna and flora native to Santa Catarina. It is possible to observe birds, animals and plants. The Atlantic Ocean bathes the well-kept rural beach where the regional fisherman culture is maintained and where locals and tourists alike come to surf. The Azorean heritage here is evident in the construction of the fishermen's huts.
- Cristo Luz, . 10 AM to 01 AM. In similar fashion to Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro, Light Christ (Cristo Luz in Portuguese) is located over one of the highest points of the city at 150 meters. The statue itself is 33 meters high, 22m wide and weights 528 tons. The main feature of this attraction is that it is iluminated alternatively during the night with 7 diferent colors (each one with a meaning) and it holds on his left shoulder a broad-brimmed hat, which irradiates a beam that iluminates the city. You will get charged depending whether you arrive during daytime (8 Reais) or after the sunset (16 Reais). The complexe where is located contains a restaurant, a photo gallery and some shows. There are free shuttles that make the way up the hill. 6-18 R. edit
- Downhill at Laranjeiras
- Kart at Balneario Camburiú
- Many sports at Parque Unipraias
- Casa Hall Shopping, Avenida do Estado, 4770 (in front of the Rótula das Bandeiras), 47 3264-8054, . M-Sa 8AM-9PM, Su 1PM-7PM.
- Warung Beach Club, Av Jose Madeiros Vieira 350 (Taxt from rodaviaria more or less R$50), . Regularly hosting some of the worlds best known DJs it opens its doors weekly to an ever growing techno and house scene. It's Bali based theme is flawless and watching the sun rise from the terrace as the headline act is building their set to the climax is truly something to be revered. edit