Baden, also known as Baden bei Wien (i.e., "Baden near Vienna") is a city in Lower Austria near Vienna with 25,136 inhabitants (Census 2008).
Regional trains from Vienna Station Meidling are operating every 15 minutes the train takes 20 minutes and costs €5.40. Tickets and timetable aviable at the OEBB Homepage . Another longer taking option is the Badnerbahn Tram starting in Vienna (Karlsplatz Station) and also stopping in Meidling. Buy your ticket in advance, people caught without ticket on the train have to pay a fine of 60 euros.
From Vienna take the A2 (Highway).
Spa town Baden
In a dream-like region with happy people - surrounded by vineyards and at the edge of the Vienna Woods - there is the traditional spa town of Baden known since Roman times, away from the bustle of Vienna, yet only a stone's throw away! Pampered from sun and mild climate - pure nature in a magical landscape packed with history .... ....read more
- Hotel Kurpark garni, Welzergasse 29, 2500 Baden, ☎ +43 2252 89104 ([email protected]), . (48.0130,16.2343) edit
- Grand Hotel Sauerhof, Weilburgstraße 11 2500 Baden, ☎ +43/2252/412 51-0 ([email protected]), . edit
- Hotel Admiral am Kurpark, Renngasse 8, 2500 Baden, ☎ +43/2252/867 99-0 ([email protected]), . edit
- Hotel Herzoghof, Kaiser-Franz-Ring 10, 2500 Baden, ☎ +43/2252/872 97-0 ([email protected]), . edit
- Schlosshotel Weikersdorf, Schlossgasse 9-11, 2500 Baden, ☎ +43 2 252 483 01 - 0 ([email protected]), . edit
- Hunting Cottage Schönau Castle (Jagdhaus Schloss Schönau), Kirchengasse 18, 2525 Schönau an der Triesting, ☎ 0043 2256 2020 950 ([email protected], fax: 0043 2256 2020 920), . A mere 15min car ride south of Baden, situated amidst one of Austria's most beautyful Lanscape Gardens at Castle Schönau, the castles former hunting cottage offers 8 beds in exqisitely styled apartments for rent on a daily, weekly or monthly base, which can also be used for events and weddings. edit