Aurora is a city of 276,000 in the Denver Area of Colorado.
Drivers who are used to warmer climates should be advised that the colder weather months (Nov-Feb) often bring snow and ice to area roads. Visitors who park their cars should be prepared in case their car is "snowed in" by snow removal trucks. Also, strict attention to parking rules and snow emergencies is recommended to avoid being towed away at the car owner's expense. During the winter months, a snow brush, ice scraper, and plenty of windshield washer fluid is essential, and many natives opt to carry a shovel, some sand, and a bag of ice melt/road salt in the trunk just in case.
You can get around with local transit as in the RTD.
Aurora has over a dozen historical sites to see , ranging from historical Farms, buildings and homes
- Aurora History Museum, 15051 East Alameda Parkway, ☎ 303-739-6666. 9AM-4PM. The Aurora History Museum is a community-based cultural center featuring changing history and decorative arts exhibits with educational programs, tours, workshops and family events offered for all ages throughout the year. Free.
- The Aurora Fox ([email protected]), 9900 East Colfax Avenue, ☎ 303-739-1970. Professional Theatre in the heart of the East End Arts District
- Golfing. Aurora has 7 golf courses throughout the city, perhaps the most famous one is the 18 hole Fitzsimons Golf Course on the former Army base, where President Eisenhower regarded as one of his favorites
- Aurora Reservoir, 5800 S. Powhaton Rd, ☎ 303-690-1286. A wide array of activities can be done here like fishing, sailing, non-motorized boating, windsurfing, a seasonal swim beach (Check website to see when open), SCUBA area, archery range, and large group picnic shelters, also has 8 miles of concrete trails around the reervoir
- Quincy Reservoir, 18350 E. Quincy Ave., ☎ 303-693-5463.
- Southlands, 6155 S. Main Street, ☎ 303-627-5000. Southlands is home to some of today's leading retailers and restaurants including Ann Taylor Loft, Banana Republic, Coldwater Creek, Francesca's Collections, The Gap, J. Jill, McCabe's Irish Bistro & Pub, Ted's Montana Grill, Tilly's, Wine Experience Café and World Cellar Wine, Beer & Spirits and many more.
- Aurora Mall, 14200 E Alameda Avenue Aurora, CO 80012, ☎ (303) 344-4120.
|This guide uses the following price ranges for a typical meal for one, including soft drink:
|| $10 or less
|| $20 or more
Aurora has alot of your typical fast food joints that you find around the country Wendys, Five Guys Burgers and Fries, McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell etc
- Carrabba's Italian Grill, 2088 S. Abilene Street (I-225 to Iliff Rd. Go east 1/2 block. Go north on Abilene 1/4 mile. Located on east side of road.), ☎ (303) 338-8600. 4PM-11PM. Carrabba's serves fresh, flavorful Italian dishes prepared from the finest ingredients sourced from around the world.
- Bender's Brat Haus Inc, 700 S Buckley Rd # A, ☎ (303) 872-3569. Mon-Wed 10 am - 4 pm Thu-Sat 10 am - 8 pm.
- Club Mixx, 11249 E Colfax Ave., ☎ 303-366-2771.
- Stampede, 2430 S Havana St., ☎ (303) 696-7686.
- Patrick's Restaurant and Night Club, 1770 S Buckley Rd ste 4, ☎ (303) 745-4120.
- Best Western Gateway Inn & Suites, 800 S Abilene Street, +1 720 748-4800, Fax: +1 720 748-9145, .
- Cambria Suites Denver Airport, 16001 E. 40th Circle, +1 303 576-9600, Fax: +1 303 889-9702, . The Denver Airport hotel in Aurora, CO is 10 miles from Denver International Airport (DIA).
- Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park, 16455 E. 40th Circle, +1 303 371-4333, Toll-free: +1 888 238-2454, Fax: +1 303 371-1134, .
- Doubletree Hotel, 13696 East Iliff Pl, ☎ 303-337-2800, . checkin: 3:00; checkout: 12:00.
- Fairfield Inn, 13851 East Harvard Avenue, +1 303 745-6700, Fax: +1 303 745-6777, .
- Motel 6, 14031 E Iliff Avenue, +1 303 873-0286, Fax: +1 303 695-4526, .
- Red Liont, 3200 South Parker Road, ☎ 303-695-1700 - [email protected], . Wireless Internet access, telephones with voice mail, cable TV with premium movies, iron/ironing boards.
Aurora is part of the 303 and the 720 area codes
- Fourth of July Spectacular