This article is a travel topic
This is a calendar of events and festivals in the month of August.
Presented by the Kinsmen Club of Brantford. Come on out to “Ribfest” this August at the beautiful Cockshutt Park in Brantford, Ontario. Enjoy great music, crafts, and most importantly, some of the best rib makers in North America!
- Early August: Sauna Bathing World Championships,  in Heinola
- Late August: Mobile Phone Throwing World Championships,  in Savonlinna
- 17th: Independence Day - public holiday
- First Saturday & Sunday: Gongo Festival  in Tsuyama
- August 12-15: Awa Odori The famous "Fool's Dance" of Tokushima
- Momotaro Festival in Okayama
- Kamfest arts festival - in Kamnik
- 15th: Madrid - Virgen de la Paloma
- 15th: Malaga- Asunción de la Virgen this is a holiday celebrating one of the patrons of Spain.
- Late August: Feria de Malaga,  in Malaga
- 1st: National Day - because day off work August 1st celebrations are often (for example in Basel) held 31st of July
- 12th: Queen's Birthday - mother's day / public holiday
Between 9 and 23 August 2008 near Sinop, Turkey - a proposed site for a nuclear power plant - the international activist gathering Ecotopia will be held .
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival  - Edinburgh
- Edinbugh Military Tattoo  - Edinburgh
- Mid August: Puck Fair,  in Killorglin, Ireland
- Late August: Mathew Street Festival,  in Liverpool
- MAS Carnival, Swansea - the city's ethnic diversity is celebrated by a colorful parade that passes through the city center.
- Third weekend in August: Race The Train in Tywyn. Runners attempt to cover a 14 mile route through a beautiful Welsh Valley faster than a historic steam train. 2008 is the 25th running of the event.
- Last weekend in August (August Bank Holiday weekend): Notting Hill Carnival  - Notting Hill, London
- Last weekend in August (August Bank Holiday weekend): Leeds and Reading Festivals - weekend of rock music
- August 9th thru September 5th: Summer Festival of Fantasy, Horror and Science Fiction  - Film Forum's Son of Summer Festival. Downtown movie house revives its cinematic salute to creepy, geeky fare for the first time in 17 years. Expect a few new prints and celeb appearances, in New York City, New York
- Third weekend in August: Milwaukee Irish Fest  - the world's largest festival celebrating Irish music and culture, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Late August: A Taste of Colorado,  in Denver
- August 22, 2010: Customer Appreciation Day at South street diner. Ice cream truck, free bbq, face painting, outdoor feeding, giveaways, free cartoonist.