Virginia-Highland  is an area east of Piedmont Park in the center of town known for its pubs and restaurants. Pedestrian friendly and packed sidewalks until late at night.
The name is derived from the intersection of Virginia Avenue and Highland Avenue. The neighborhood is adjacent to Poncey-Highland to the south, and Morningside to the north.
Virginia-Highland can be reached by MARTA Bus #45 to/from Midtown Station (N4), and by MARTA Bus #6 to/from Inman Park/Reynoldstown Station (E3).
- Walk from Virginia-Highland to Little Five Points. Approximately a 2 mile walk. Walk south down Highland Avenue from Virgninia Avenue to North Avenue, turn left and walk one block to Moreland Avenue. Turn right on Moreland and walk through Little Five Points, and turn right on Euclid Avenue.
- Get a hair cut and a massage at Key Lime Pie Salon & Spa.
Virginia Highlands has a mix of clothing and gift stores, many with Southern flair, mostly catering to the 20-30s-something woman.
- Bill Hallman  ($$$) 792 N Highland Ave NE. Hip clothing boutique.
- Mitzi and Romano ($$$) 1038 N Highland Ave NE. Slightly more conservative clothing and accessories store carrying brands like Tessuto, For Joseph, Sharagano, and Easel.
- Ten Thousand Villages ($$) 1056 St Charles Ave NE. Nonprofit store that offers multicultural goods and handmade wares.
- Murphy's, 997 Virginia Avenue NE, . Classic Highlands bistro serves reliable American cuisine and is packed to capacity for its weekend brunches. ($$)
- Food 101, . Hearty homegrown comfort food with a modern twist. ($$)
- Vine, 1190 North Highland Ave, . Modern American cuisine with Mediterranean influences. Charming restaurant has a large wine selection and a great patio. ($$)
- La Tavola, 9992 Virginia Ave, . Quaint Italian restaurant in the heart of the highlands. ($$)
- Pozole, 1044 Greenwood Ave, . Fun Nuevo Latino restaurant with a cozy neighborhood vibe located in an old house near the Highland bar scene. ($)
- Alon's, 1394 North Highland Ave, . European bakery and market is a prime destination for locals and offers gourmet sandwiches, freshly baked breads, artisan cheeses, beautiful desserts and baked goods, and gourmet prepared foods. ($)
- Paolo's Gelato, 1025 Virginia Ave, . Extremely cute and charming gelateria where an Italian native makes homemade gelato, marzipan, and other goodies. A must-stop for gelato lovers. ($)
- Everybody's Pizza, 1040 North Highland Ave, . Popular local pizza joint. ($)
- Blind Willie's, 828 North Highland Ave, +1 404-873-BLUE, . An established blues club featuring live blues, and a selection of Chicago, Memphis, and New Orleans-style food. ($)
Virginia-Highland is a popular area for twenty- and thirty-somethings. Most of the bars are places to laze around with friends or to indulge in the laid-back singles scene rather than to dance the night away. Dress is casual and drinks flow by the pint.
- Limerick Junction, . Where the drinks are cheap and the Irish drinking tunes rock.
- Neighbors, . Large patio and cheap drinks draw grad students, young professionals, and anyone who wants to hang out.
- Moe's and Joe's, 1033 N Highland Ave NE, (404) 873-6090. College bar crammed with Emory and Georgia Tech undergrads.
- Atkin's Park, . One of Atlanta's oldest bars and popular among all ages. Ask for the Key Lime Pie shot if you're in a girly mood. The adjacent restaurant offers lunch and dinner.
- Manuel's, at Highland and North Avenue, . An Atlanta Democratic Party institution where you're likely to find campaign staffers and off-duty cops knocking back stiff drinks under a portrait of JFK.
- The Righteous Room, at Ponce de Leon and North Highland. Great jukebox and one of the best veggie burgers in town. Arrive early as seating fills up quickly.
- Pura Vida, . Serves up great mojitos and draws a Latin crowd for music and tapas.
- Dark Horse, . Well-known singles bar for the 20's & 30's crowd. Try to arrive early (8:30-9PM) if you intend to find a seat, as this bar fills up quickly and a line will form.
- Highland Tap, . Dimly-lit basement bar & restaurant. Often voted for having one of the best martini's in the city.
- Gaslight Inn, . Nestled right in the heart of the charming Virginia Highlands neighborhood, this bed and breakfast is just a block away from restaurants, bars and boutiques.