Ashland County is in Northwest Ohio. When you look at a map of Northwest Ohio, it appears that all roads lead to Ashland County. Ashland County is a beautiful part of Ohio, somewhat rural in nature, with many recreational amenities. The area surrounding the Mohican Forest, Pleasant Hill Lake, Mifflin and Loudenville is popular with those who enjoy the outdoors, camping, boating and recreation. It is a more than pleasant area, with rolling hills, farms and small towns. Located approx. 35 miles from Vermilion, Ohio on Lake Erie, it is close enough to the lake that many travel there on weekends. Ashland County also enjoys a Amish Community, that adds to the flavor of the county.
- Bailey Lakes
- Malabar Farm State Park, southern Ashland County, 4050 Bromfield Road, Lucas.  15 Primitive campsites and over 12 miles of back-country trails.The original Bromfield home is now a 19-bed hostel.
- Mohican State Park and Lodge, southern Ashland County. Lodge: 96 air-conditioned rooms, private balcony, color television. The lodge has private meeting, banquet rooms, dining room, sauna, gift shop, lounge, olympic-size indoor and outdoor pools. Cabins: Twenty-five two-bedroom family cottages, heated, utensils, towels, bed linens and blankets Camping: 120 campsites, electricity, fire rings, picnic tables, full service hookups available at 33 campsites. The main campground has showers, flush toilets, dump station. Hemlock Grove campground has 24 non-electric sites, pit latrines, tables and fire rings. Two camper cabins, equipped with bunk, double beds, a mini refrigerator and fan, can be rented. Other aminities: 13 miles of trails, forest, two waterfalls, scenic wooden bridge and lake.
- Charles Mill Lake
- Loudonville Recreation area.
- Mohican State Forest
- Mid-Ohio Race Track
- Pleasant Hill State Park and Lake
- I 71 NS - SR 250 EW
- SR 30 EW
- Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (IATA:CLE), PH:(216)-265-6030 . Cleveland's main airport, located on the west side of the city. The airport is served by most of the major domestic airlines, and it is one of Continental Airlines' three U.S. hubs as well.
- Ashland County Fair, 2042 Claremont Avenue, Ashland, . Mid-September each year.
- Ashland County, like many Ohio Counties, has an Amish population. The Amish in Ashland County are Swartzentruder Amish. Described as the most traditional and insular of all of the Amish sects. They live without electricity, indoor plumbing and without lights on their buggies. Use caution on all rural roads, especially at dusk or dark. Dark black asphalt roads and black unlit buggies are an accident waiting to happen.
- Ashland County Sheriff's Office, 1205 East Main Street, Ashland, PH:419-289-3911.