Arrowtown is in a village in the Queenstown-Lakes region of the South Island.
- Walking tracks - Tobin's Track, Big Hill, Sawpit Gully to name a few.
- Trip into Macetown (old mining village, scattered remains left) - Mountain bike, trail bike or 4WD into Macetown. Many river crossings. Stunning scenery.
- Try your hand at goldpanning - pans are available for hire or purchase from the Museum.
- Chinese gold mining huts - historic and informative, short walk
- Fishing in the Arrow River
Arrowtown has an wider array of restaurants and eateries than may be expected in a town of its size. You can walk the main street the streets behind, and find one you like the look of. There are several choices open for breakfast.
- Chocolate, homemade, including hot chocolate.
- Pesto (Italian, pizza, pasta)
- Postmasters (fine dining)
- The Tap
- New Orleans Hotel
- Blue Door