Armenia is a city in Quindío department in the Andino region of Colombia.
- El Eden Airport (AXM) located 20 minutes from the city center.
- There are flights to Medellín and Bogota, with Avianca and ADA.
- Spirit Airlines have two flights per week to Fort Lauderdale.
- The airport has a food court in one of its sides were you can enjoy tropical fruit juices like Maracuya,Mango and Guanabana; also do not forgett to try some Coffee cookies and the special caramel spread with coffee ready to go. There are other places with magazines and always display some typical art in the walls. The washrooms are very clean and in general the people are very warm.
- Bus Terminal - The bus terminal is located near the center of town. Busses run regularly to Bogota for around 20 US per seat. It is advertised to take 6 hours but can take as long as 12 with construction and random stops. It is roughly 3 km to the city center from the bus terminal where there are plenty of hotels. Expect to pay no more than 4,000 COP for a cab to the center.
There are taxis all over and they run into the night. Negotiate a price before riding if the meter is off.
The efficient Tinto busetas (mini-buses) cost COP$1,800 or $1900 on Sundays and holidays (July 2018) and run from the Terminal to the Centre as well as on all major routes.
Museo del Oro Quimbaya. Avenida Bolívar # 40 Norte-80 Free. A mini version of Bogota's Gold Museum.
El Parque de La Vida. Avenida Bolivar. 3,000 COP. A beautifully design garden/oasis very near the city centre. Just next to Cafe Quindio Gourmet.
- Recuca - Recorrido de la cultura cafetera ()
- Parque Nacional de Cafe ()
- Restaurante Cafe Quindio Gourmet (www.cafequindio.com.co), Carerra 14, #7N (Ave. Bolivar) (Adjacent to the Parque de laVida, and across the street from Hostal/Hotel San Martin in the upscale university area), ☎ +57 6 749 5970, . 11-00 - 22:00. A dining experience in a clean, modern setting with outdoor seating under a large canopy in addition to the inside tables. Not pricey by U.S. or European standards, exotic appetizers and salads are priced from $9,500 - $16,500 COP, and beef, pork, chicken, seafood, and pasta entrees are $18,000 - $34,500 COP. Beverages include natural fruit juices, coffee, beer, wine, and scotch. A great venue for a first date with a lovely senorita, or your significant other. There are also Quindio coffees, coffee cookies, and gift sets available in the gift shop. The gracious owner, Jaime Moreno Motta, is likely to personally greet you, especially if he hears you speaking English, in which he, and several of his staff are fluent. They also do cappuccino the Italian way, without chocolate or cinnamon. $$$.
- Lucerna (www.lucerna.com.co), Calle 20,#14-40. An extremely popular place for deserts and pastries. They also have their own ice cream and sundaes as well!
- Caragabi Hostal, Armenia (km 4 a Tebeida), . checkout: 11.00. relaxed place a little bit outside of the city, has a pool, bar and a pool table, well equipped kitchen, very nice owner, lots of art and a small museum dorm 26k COP (june 17).
- Hotel Cafe Plaza, Armenia. checkout: 3 pm. 35,000 COP.
- Hotel Jasmin, Armenia (just opposite the Terminal). Clean and conveniently located across the Terminal. 18,000COP (Jun 2016).
- Hotel Karlaka, Km 3 via al valle, ☎ 5767426587, . A great and warm place with kind staff, all types of rooms (nicely decorated), amazing swimming pools and a Turkish bath. The hotel is eco-friendly. 100,000 COP.
- Hostal/Hotel San Martin, Carrera 14, #7N-32 (Ave. Bolivar) (Across the street from Parque de la Vida in an upscale area in the vicinity of the University and major medical clinics), ☎ +57 6 746 6078, . checkin: 15:00; checkout: 12:00. A very pleasant, clean, and modern hotel with very helpful and friendly staff, within two blocks of various dining venues, drugstores and a supermarket. A very safe and quiet area in the evenings. Approximately $4,000 COP cab ride from the main bus terminal, and $2,000 - $3,000 COP from the chaotic downtown area. All rooms have LCD flat screen TV's, refrigerator, Wi-Fi, and include a hot breakfast. Single $122,000 - $131,000 COP; Double $111,000 - $123,000 COP; Triple $154,000 COP; and Studios for up to five persons $129,000 - $245,000 COP. $$.
- Casa Quimbaya Backpackers Hostel, Calle 16 Norte # 14-92 Armenia Quindío (one block down west from the main Avenida Bolivar (=Carrera 14) in the nice and safe northern part of town), ☎ +57 6 746 6078, . checkin: 15:00; checkout: 11:00. Nice little hostal run by two super friendly Colombian sisters. Very clean, good kitchen, good wifi, great staff. Part of the hostel is a little cafe serving good food for reasonable prices, great coffee, wine, beer etc. To get there from the terminal take a cab or a bus 18 (R18) with the sign SAO (hospital). It takes about 20 minutes. Get off at the Ara supermarket at the intersection carrera 14 and calle 16N and walk down one block. dorm 25000 COP,single with bathroom 60000COP,doubles from 70000COP.
- Salento : little town close to the Valley de Cocora. It is a very special place were you can appreciate the houses architectura, the colorful and Spanish style balconies full of plants and the climb roads, the dark green landscape full of fog thats embrace this magic place. All around the central park you can sit down at any of the Fondas or Taverns to have a Pola or beer or an Aguardiente which is the typical liquor from Colombia. If you fell brave do not hesitate to order a Refajo or a Cocktail made by a shot of aguardiente mixed with the Colombian typical Pop "Colombiana". The main plaza is a very typical one with more side walks than garden, display some romantic benches around it. Have some woman display in a table "Obleas" that you might try or two layers of host with dulce de leche in the middle. Its delicious! (Regular buses are running from the Armenia bus terminal : 4200 COP jun 2016)
- Buenavista Only 40 minutes from Armenia (5,000 COP) is the beautiful coffee town of Buenavista! Great if you are looking for an off the beaten track authentic experience. As of now, there is only one hostel in the town, Panorama Cafe Hostel (4 person dorms 35,000 COP with breakfast, privates 80,000 COP with breakfast). The town has beautiful panoramic views of the mountains and great hiking.
Talking about food almost any Restaurant is offering the Typical Trout in Green Plantain with some salad as a side dish. Not bad if you can find a place also to enjoy their typical Songs acompany with the Tiples and Guitars.