ArdmoreLake and Trail Country : Ardmore
Ardmore is in the Lake and Trail Country region of Oklahoma. A regional center for the area, it offers both restaurants and accommodation. There is plenty to do in the evenings and it has a performing arts center. Many travelers use Ardmore as a base for exploring the surrounding region and the Arbuckle Mountains nearby.
There isn't a commercial airport nearby; OKC or DFW are the nearest airports.
Sadly and like many Mid-West cities, a vehicle is almost a necessity in Ardmore; there is no public transportation and with the exception of the few blocks of historic downtown, most of the city is not walkable (in some places, there aren't even sidewalks). Most of the hotels and many restaurants and services are clustered either around the freeway or around Commerce Avenue, some way from the historic part of the city.
- You can catch a show at the regional performing arts center and casinos nearby, especially Winstar, also have concerts.
- A weekend farmer's market takes place in the summer.
- Greater Southwest Historical Museum, 35 Sunset Drive, ☎ +1 580 226-3857, . Tu-Sa 10:00-17:00. A museum about Oklahoma; also includes a military museum FREE. edit
- Ardmore is near Lake Murray State Park, which offers fishing, boating and recreational opportunities, and Turner Falls State Park, which has camping, a lodge, and outdoor activities.
- There is gambling in the area: Ardmore Gaming Center. edit, and Winstar Casino, one of the largest in the area, is just down the road.
- For in-town recreation, Ardmore has a newly updated movie theater, a roller skating rink, and a community water park.
Ardmore has several restaurants where you can eat a sit-down meal, together with the usual gamut of fast food joints.
- Casa Romo, 120 West Main St (From I-35 take exit 31A and stay on this road which is Broadway (HWY 70) and will eventually turn into Main St. It is about 2 mi east from exit 31A to Casa Romo), ☎ +1 580 224-9526, . Family owned with a lunch buffet and lunch specials 11:00-14:00 along with a full menu available all day. One of the most popular Mexican restaurants in Ardmore. edit
Ardmore offers many hotels, which are often fully booked when there is an event in town or during heavy travel periods (such as the holidays).
- Turner Falls Park, I-35 and Highway 77, ☎ +1 580 369 2988, . 1500-acre park run by the nearby city of Davis, which includes the largest waterfall in Oklahoma, as well as many springs, recreation areas, and some important geological features. Cabin lodging is available. edit
- G.W. Exotic Animal Park, located west of Wynnewood. This is a 16-acre park and has exotic animals such as tigers, lions, bears, reptiles and monkeys. It is also a refuge for many species.
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|