Apalachicola  is a city in the Florida Panhandle.
Apalachicola is small and easily seen on foot. It is laid back and very easy to navigate. Locals are glad to direct you wherever you need to go. Also there are boat and fishing tours available in the area.
- Apalachicola Bay Chamber of Commerce, 122 Commerce Street, ☎ 850-653-9419, . Welcome to the Forgotten Coast Highly valued for our unspoiled natural environment, the coastal communities of Apalachicola, St. George Island and Eastpoint that make up the Forgotten Coast offer an authentic taste of Florida's Gulf Coast with plenty of charm and history. You’ll find miles of uncrowded pristine beaches, an endless supply of protected shallow bays, excellent fishing and acres of National and State forests to explore. Combine all this with some of the finest oysters and seafood in the country and your stay with us is sure to be memorable.
- Apalachicola Sailing Adventures, 317 Water Street, ☎ +1 850-653-9616 or 850-258-2038 ([email protected]). Sail on a turn-of-the-century 35' New England Cutter.
- the Great Plein Air Paint-out: The Grand Patrons' Party, Cotton Warehouse Apalachicola, Florida, ☎ 800-378-8419. Artists have been asked to reserve their very best work to present to local and visiting art patrons at a Wetroom party in the Cotton Warehouse. This tribute to “the best of the best”, from 6:60-10:30pm, will include live music, delicious food, and the opportunity to purchase the premium art from the paint-out. Tickets are $75 per couple, $40 each, limited to 200 guests. $75 couple $40 each.
- Apalachicola Sponge Company. M-Sa 10AM-5PM. Handmade olive oil and goats milk soap sponges.
- Forgotten Coast Outfitters. Outdoor clothing and fly fishing equipment.
- The Grady Market. Several antique shops, artist galleries, and clothing boutiques.
- Oystercatcher. Womens, girls and baby apparel and accessories.
- River City Trading Company, 82 Commerce Street. Men and women's clothing accessories.
- Sirens Boutique, Avenue D and Market Street. Women's clothing and accessories.
- Two Gulls. Daily 10AM-5PM. Gifts and souvenirs.
- http://www.stgeorgeislandchili.com/sitemap.htm, St. George Island, Florida, ☎ (850) 653-6740. St. George Island Charity Chili Cook-off & Auction March 4-6 Contestants square off in the largest Regional Chili Cookoff in the nation. For more information call (850) 653-6740. (29.7321850039,84.7334289551)
- Apalachicola Antique & Classic Boat Show, downtown (Apalachicila, Florida), ☎ (850) 653-9419, . Apalachicola Antique & Classic Boat Show 12th Annual Apalachicola Antique & Classic Boat Show Friday and Saturday, April 23-24, 2010. Antique boats, examples of classic and traditional vessels, workboats, and fiberglass and aluminum classics will all be on display throughout the day. This festival emphasizes the maritime history of our picturesque coastal town. Special highlights include authentic oyster boats, workboats, and home-built boats by skilled craftsmen, antique outboard engines, plus antique automobiles and art booths. The classic, gaff rigged schooner, Governor Stone, will be featured dockside. Built in 1877, it has been totally restored and is an exhibit unto itself. It is a National Historic Landmark. We will also have over 20 antique automobiles. The Apalachicola National Estuarine Research Reserve will have displays on the Apalachicola River and its flora and fauna, plus the Franklin County Seafood Workers Association will have demonstrations on oyster tonging. There will also be a 2- day hands-on team boat building activitiy and a boat building demonstration. For the first time there will be an indoor, climate controlled venue for model boat builders to display their work. At 6:00 pm on Saturday, April 24th join us for lecture and a dinner. Reservations required for dinner and evening lecture. For information please call (850) 653-9419 or email us at [email protected]
- Historic Apalachicola Home & Garden Tour, (Apalachicola, Florida), ☎ (850) 653-9550, . Many of Apalachicola’s private homes and buildings can only be viewed from the exterior except for this unique day. For a $15.00 donation you can take a guided tour through architecturally and historically significant homes, churches and commercial buildings. All donations benefit the Trinity Episcopal Restoration Fund. Call (850) 653-9550 www.apalachicolahistorichometour.org.
- Apalachicola Seafood Grill, 100 Market Street (by the traffic signal), ☎ +1 850-653-9510. M-Sa 11:30AM-8PM. Get the "world's largest" fried fish sandwich. Great selection of beer.
- Avenue Sea, 51 Avenue C, ☎ +1 850-653-2193. Refined cuisine, smaller portions, focused on using local seafood and other locally harvested ingredients, May 2007 Gourmet Magazine listed it as one of the top 36 destination restaurants in the world. This restaurant is closed. There is another one in it's place.
- Boss Oyster, 123 Water Street, ☎ +1 850-653-9364 (fax: +1 850-653-2018). Lunch & dinner 7 days a week.. Waterfront location. If you're an oyster fan, they offer more that 15 styles of Apalachicola Bay oysters.
- Caroline's Dining on the River, 123 Water Street, ☎ +1 850-653-8139 (fax: +1 850-653-2018). Fine dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Chef Eddie's Magnolia Grill, 99 11th Street, ☎ +1 850-653-8000. M-Sa 6PM-?. Steaks, seafood, lobster and rack of lamb in addition to a huge wine list.
- Old Time Soda Fountain, 93 Market Street, ☎ +1 850-653-2606. M-Sa. As the name implies, this is an 50's themed soda fountain that serves ice cream, malts, floats and soda.
- The Owl Café, 15 Avenue D (at Commerce Street), ☎ +1 850-653-9888. Local seafood, steak and pasta.
- Papa Joe's Oyster Bar & Grill, 301-B Market Street, ☎ +1 850-653-1189 (fax: +1 850-653-3458). M-Th 11:30AM-9PM, F-Sa 11:30AM-10PM. Dine overlooking the Apalachicola River. Steaks and seafood along with an oyster bar.
- Pepper's Mexican Grill and Cantina, 75 Market Street, ☎ +1 850-653-8555. M-Th 11AM-10PM, F-Sa 11AM-10:30PM, Su 11AM-9PM. Mexican food. This restaurant is closed, there is another Mexican restaurant in it's place.
- Red Top Café, 238 US Highway 98, ☎ +1 850-653-8612. Open 7 days a week.. This family style restaurant serves up steaks, seafood, sandwiches and chicken.
- Tamara's Café Floridita, 17 Avenue E (one block east of flashing light), ☎ +1 850-653-4111. 10:30AM-10PM. Caribbean/South American style meals, including seafood and homemade desserts.
- Verandas Wine Bar Bottle Shop and Bistro, Avenue D and Market Street, ☎ +1 850-653-3210. Serves local seafood in addition to steak and pasta. Also one of the largest retail wine stores in the area.
- Viscardi's at Night, 100 Market Street, ☎ +1 850-653-9510. Now defunct.
- Wheelhouse, 317 Water Street, ☎ +1 850-653-8860. Tu-Su. Now defunct.
- http://www.stjamesbay.com/, 151 Laughing Gull Lane, St. James, ☎ 850-697-5050. Come to the Crooked River Grill for breakfast, lunch, or our steak and seafood dinners. Sit in our dining room or on the patio. The Grill features full banquet facilities and a gazebo, making it the ideal setting for special occasions.
Most restaurants have a full bar and there are numerous liquor stores in the area. Check out the nightlife in Saint George and Eastpoint.
- Night Owl, 15 Avenue D, ☎ +1 850-653-9888. Now listed as the Owl's Wine Room. Large selection of wines, focus is mainly American.
- Spoonbill, 123 Water Street, ☎ +1 850-653-8139 (fax: +1 850-653-2018).
- Apalachicola River Inn, 123 Water Street, ☎ +1 850-653-8139 ([email protected], fax: +1 850-653-2018). Lodging, marina and restaurant.
- Bay City Lodge, 1000 Bay City Road, ☎ +1 850-653-9294 ([email protected]). Motel and cabins. If you're planning on fishing, the lodge sells bait and tackle and will clean your fish and your boat.
- Best Western, Apalach Inn, 249 US Highway 98 West, ☎ +1 850-653-9131 (tollfree:1-800-528-1234. Only chain hotel in Apalachicola.
- Bryant House Bed & Breakfast, 101 Sixth Street, ☎ +1 850-653-3270 (tollfree:1-888-554-4376) ([email protected], fax: +1 850-653-9663), . Serves a full German breakfast (Frühstück).
- The Consulate, 76 Water Street, ☎ +1 850-653-1515 ([email protected]). Four suites overlooking the Apalachicola River. Rooms have a kitchen and balcony.
- Coombs House Inn, 80 6th Street, ☎ +1 850-653-9199 ([email protected], fax: +1 850-653-2785), . A Bed and Breakfast in a restored Victorian mansion. $80-225.
- Gibson Inn, 51 Avenue C, ☎ +1 850-653-2191 ([email protected]). 30 rooms in a turn-of-the-century Victorian home. Rooms have a full bath, phone, TV and wi-fi. The inn also has a restaurant and bar.
- House of Tartts, 50 Avenue F, ☎ +1 850-653-4687 ([email protected]). Guesthouse in historic downtown. All rooms have a private bath.
- Witherspoon Inn, 94 5th Street, ☎ +1 850-653-9186. Former residence of Captain Witherspoon. Rooms have their own bath.