Antiparos is an island of the Cyclades group.
Antiparos is a small Greek island in the Cyclades group, seperated from Paros by a narrow and shallow strait. It has an area of 45 square kilometers with a 57 kilometer coastline. The capital Antiparos is on the north eastern coast, while the other villages Kambos and Agios Georgios are in the mid-west and on the south western coast, respectively. The islands houses just over 1,000 inhabitants.
Antiparos is well recognised for its relaxed, authentic atmosphere. It has many beaches on all sides and offer a nice alternative to the more crowded and hectic islands around it. Like its "parent island" Paros, it is also know for its excellent wind conditions for wind- and kitesurfing. An area on the northern shore is a well-known official nudist beach.
Most of the population of Antiparos, and certainly in the tourist business, speak English fairly well.
There are two ferries from Paros:
- Pounta - Antiparos, ten minutes with departures every hour from early morning until late night.
- Parikia - Antiparos, half an hour with about ten daily departures each way.
Ferry schedules 
Being a small islands, public transport is scarce. There are however several rental shops by the port that offer bicycles, scooters, ATVs and cars. Note that many of the smaller roads are in poor condition and that the ATV is likely to be the best mean of transport, though all companies offer 50CC quads that are not quite powerful enough to pull two adults up the steepest hills.
The town of Antiparos is best explored by foot, and several beaches are within fifteen minutes of walking from the main street.
- The Cave, (12 km (7 mi) south of Antiparos town). 9AM-3PM. The main attraction is undoubtedly the stalagtite grotto in the center of the island. It is an easy 340 steps down, but remember you have to go the same steps back up! Several names and dates going back hundreds of years are painted on the walls of the cave. €3.50. edit
- Despotiko: This small island to the south west hides architectural components of a Doric temple built around 500 BC. Excavations have been ongoing since 1997.
- The Castle: A single wall is all that remains of a 1440 venetian castle in the middle of the capital.
There are many beautiful beaches and coves to see and enjoy, though the rarest gems are on the far south or west coast of the island, for instance Sostis Bay, Monastiria and Livadi. Mind that some of the roads are very poor, particularly to Monastiria (only suited for ATVs or tough 4x4 cars - not SUVs).
Blue Islands Divers (http://blueisland-divers.gr/) in the main street offer snorkeling and diving trips/classes, as well as freediving classes.
Alexandros, Captain Ben and Iason are the names of three wooden boats offering trips around the island including refreshments, barbecue and time for bathing/snorkeling. Captain Antonis of the former offers excellent octopus, sea urchin, tzatziki, local sausage and souvlaki, while being generous with his bottle of Ouzo.
There are many tavernas in the main street and along the port of Antiparos, as well as a few hidden gems in the small alleys. The one thing they have in common is good food; it is virtually impossible to go wrong on Antiparos. There are also fairly good taverns on the larger beaches. Prices differ slightly, but the quality is largely very good and the all serve traditional greek food such as salads, grilled meat and fish.
- Yanni's Place in the main street has incredible pasta dishes.
The entire town of Antiparos comes to life in the summer evenings.
- Sunset Beach on the north western shore, a five minute walk from the main street, offers drinks and light meals accompanied by one of the world's pretties sunsets.
There are several villas on the island, also hotels in Antiparos town and along the port, as well as a camping area on the northern coast, a ten minute walk from the main street.
- Island White Villas (Luxury Villas & Vacation Rentals in Antiparos, Greece), ☎ +302284055455, . http://islandwhitevillas.com/villas-antiparos A luxury collection of vacation villas for rent next to the beach edit
- Kastro Antiparos (Traditional rooms and apartments), Antiparos, ☎ +302284061011, . checkin: 12. A 3-key traditional Cycladic building that offers modern amenities in a warm atmosphere. http://www.antiparosgreece.com special offers. edit
- Hotel Begleri A family run hotel in the southern area of town. Small but comfortable rooms.
- Glarosantiparos studios apartments (Glaros antiparos), antiparos isl, ☎ 2105775281. checkin: 13:00; checkout: 11:00. [Glaros studios apartments], is designed according to the Cycladic architecture. All of them are equipped to serve your needs and they are characterized by their unique style and their stone-tiled verandas with the spectacular view to Paros. http://www.glarosantiparos.gr edit
- Antiparos Luxury Rentals (Antiparos Luxury Rentals), . Provides variety of Luxury apartments, studios and houses to rent. (38.05,25.01) edit
- Kouros Village (Kouros Village), Antiparos, . edit
Antiparos is generally a safe island.
Move on by boat to Paros.
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|