Antioquia is a department of Colombia.
- Medellin - Considered by many as the best city in Colombia. Medellin is home to beautiful women, the famous yearly "Flower Festival" in August and the first (and still only) metro system in the country: "Metro de Medellin". Home City of Juanes, Fernando Botero and René Higuita. The metropolitan area is surrounded by many small towns which have become virtual suburbs of the city. These include Envigado, Itaguí, Sabaneta and Caldas (south); Bello, Copacabana and Girardota (north). The spread of the city east and west is limited by topography.
- Marinilla, Rionegro, Guarne, and la Ceja these are small towns east of Medellin and a popular day trip destination.
- Granada is a town at East of Antioquia. It's a zone of water, cool weather, but hot people. In this place you can say "Home, sweet home". Is the cradle of bishop Tiberio de J. Salazar y Herrera.
you can get around by taxi bus or metro. The metro runs largely along the north-south axis of the city.
- also by rental cars and trucks.
Act as you would in any large, and potentially unsafe metropolitan area such as Chicago or Sao Paulo.
- Don't buy drugs, or even ask about them.
- Do not get in a taxi if there is someone other than the driver in it
- Avoid downtown and Parque Berrio at night.
- Avoid walking around like you're lost, as this may be noticed by the wrong sort of people; if you are lost step in to a cafe or "tienda", restaurant, ask someone there.
- It's best to use ATMs located in exito, carrefour (supermarkets in the medellin area)if you use the ones at the banks
- Always be aware that you might be followed from ATMs and banks.