Anacortes  is a city in the North Cascades region in Washington. It is notable for being the major Washington State Ferries terminal to the San Juan Islands.
- By car: From I-5 north, take the exit for Higway 20 in Burlington. This runs turns into Commercial Drive, and runs through the heart of town, and on to the Washington State Ferries terminal. From I-5 south, take the exit for Highway 536 in Mount Vernon, which joins Highway 20 to the east of Anacortes.
- By ferry: many of the Washington State Ferry lines from the San Juan Islands terminate at the ferry terminal southwest of town. Anacortes is the first major town which you meet as you leave the ferry.
- By air: Anacortes airport, between the town and the ferry terminal, offers scheduled and charter service in small propeller airplanes, serving the San Juan Islands. It also welcomes general aviation.
- People's Guide to Anacortes, . Please visit for a listing of fun, interesting and free things to do and see around Anacortes and Fidalgo Island.
- Esteban's Family Restaurant, 1506 Commercial Ave, ☎ +1-360-299-1060. Large plates filled with well-made but ordinary interpretations of the usual Mexican fare, plus a few burgers and other US favourites. Also some children's selections. Beans and cheese options for many of the dishes. $10/person.
- Try the Calico Cupboard on Commercial Drive.