Alwar is a city in the Rajasthan state of western India. It was formerly the capital of the princely state of Alwar or Ulwar in British India. The city is located around 160 km south of Delhi, and around 150 km north of Jaipur. Alwar is surrounded by the Aravali Hills and has a unique recognition because of Sariska Van Abhyaranya , Bala-Quila and Silished Etc. !
Bus's frequently run from Deeg (Rs 30, 2 1/2 hours)
Bus's/train's frequently run from Delhi (For bus Rs 96, 3 1/2 to 4 hours)
Bus's/train's frequently run from Jaipur (For bus Rs 90, 3 1/2 to 4 hours)
The nearest airport to Alwar is Delhi Airport which is 163 kms away.
- Bala Quila Fort, one of the few forts build in Rajasthan prior to the rise of the Mughals. Permission from the superintendant of police is required prior to visiting (however this is easy to get).
- Government Museum, at former city palace. Rs 3; Free on Mondays
- PanduPol, In Sariska Jungle. A place where "Pandvas" stayed at the time of agyatvaas. There is a hanuman temple which have the unique hanuman idol(in the form of relax). it is placed in the middle of sariska jungle.
- silliserh lake, silliserh lake (14 k.m from railway station). a decent lake named siliserh lake along with government hotel (rtdc hotel )also named as silliserh hotel with restaurant and boarding faclity except during rainy season boating facility is available round the year.
- Special Ayurvedic medicines and Sharbat from Lokopkarak, .
also buy the famous mojris and lac bangles, a speciality of rajasthan.
silver ornaments are considerably cheaper due to abundance of silver ore in rajasthan.
- Prem Pavitra Bhojnalaya - Serves pure-veg food from Rs 60-100
also try the delicious panipuri at Bhagat Singh ka Chauraha
tastes like no other
- Hotel Aravali, Opposite Railway Station. Bar
- Tija Coffee house, Nangli/Ashok circle. Best place for Coffee/lassi
alwar is very famous for milk cake.
- Ashoka, tel. 2346780. Single/double from Rs 250/300.
- Alwar Hotel, tel. 2700012. Single/double from Rs 400/700 with AC Rs800/1000.
- Hotel Aravali, "directions="", . The hotel has a total of 35 well-furnished rooms, including 5 suites. The rooms and suites are categorized into Maharaja Suite, Queens Corner, Kings Corner, Deluxe Room, Aravali Room, Semi Deluxe Room, and Standard Room.Also, has an outdoor swimming pool.
Bus's frequently run to Deeg (Rs 30, 2 1/2 hours), Sariska (local, Rs12,one and a half), Jaipur (Rs68, four hours), Bharatpur (Rs45, four hours), Delhi (Rs81, half hourly).
The Mandore Express leaves at 11.43pm arriving at Jodhpur (sleeper/3AC Rs 226/578) at 8am
The Jaisalmer Express leaving at 8.50pm goes all the way to Jaisalmer (sleeper/3AC Rs 251/705)
The Shatabdi (No 2015/6) passes through Alwar at 8.35pm and stops at Jaipur(Rs315).
A return Taxi to Sariska Reserve and National Park will cost you around Rs750