Altoona is a city in central Pennsylvania. Altoona was founded as a railroad town by the Pennsylvania Railroad as the site of their Altoona Works shops, and its history as a railroad town still shows in the town today despite the decline of the railroad and its eventual absorption into Penn Central, Conrail, and now Norfolk Southern.
- Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament, 13th Avenue at 13th Street. A Roman Catholic cathedral
- Horseshoe Curve. a famous railroad landmark just west of Altoona.
- Altoona Railroaders Memorial Museum. in downtown Altoona is a museum showing Altoona's history as a railroad town.
- Altoona Curve Baseball, 1000 Park Avenue, Altoona, PA, ☎ 877-99-CURVE, . Watch a live-action baseball team - up close and personal!
- Lakemont Park & The Island WaterPark, 700 Park Avenue, Altoona, PA, ☎ 1-800-434-8006, . Family Fun Park
- Boyer Candies outlet store. The manufacturer of Mallo Cup and Smoothies peanut butter cups is located in Altoona and has an outlet store on site at their factory.
Wong's Wok in the food court of the Logan Valley Mall, Route 220 & Goods Ln Altoona, PA 16602 (814) 944-6128