Aligarh is in Uttar Pradesh. Aligarh is famous for its Aligarh Muslim University, and world renowned lock industry.
Aligarh is on well connected railway line from national Capital Delhi. One can get trains almost at a frequency of an hour after afternoon.
- Aligarh Muslim University Campus.
- Naqvi Park, (On the approach to University Campus).
- Old fort, (Near university law faculty).
- Manglayatan temple, Aligarh-Agra highway (About 20 minutes ride from main city).
- Our Lady Of Fatima. Famous school
- Ibn Sina Academy of Medieval Medicine and Sciences, Tijara House, Dodhpur (phone=""), . Museum on Indian heritage and Library on History of Medieval Medicine
- Locks. Aligarh is famous for its lock industry and one can spend some time buying and searching some new and attractive lock models in the local city market.
- Amir Nisha Market. Traditional Indian clothes.
- Aligarh old city market. Quite clumsy and lack parking space but you can find practically anything of daily use and industrial purpose in this market.
Being in the nawabi state of Uttar Pradesh you can find some really good non-veg dishes out here at very reasonable price.
The major restaurants are in center point location which is considered as posh market of Aligarh.
Meizbaan, Mughal Kareem, etc. But if you want to explore the local taste go for various road side dhabas such as near Tasveer mahal and purani chungi area. And you can food almost round the clock in rasal ganj area of aligarh.
- Ananad Bhavan. Near the old bus stand.
- Gulmarg Guest House, (Close to the University). Comparatively lowe prices.
- Kareem Lodge, (Close to the University). Comparatively lowe prices.
- Ruby Palace. Near the old bus stand.