| || |
city airport is located 17km from the town center and can be reached by taxi. The only destinations you can fly to are [[Urumqi]] and [[Yining]]. |+|
The Aletai airport is located 17km from the town center and can be reached by taxi. The only destinations you can fly to are [[Urumqi]] and [[Yining]].
| || |
Aletai (阿勒泰; Ālètài; also known as Altay) is a city in Xinjiang Province of China. Go 100km or so in any direction except south and you hit a border: Mongolia to the east, Russia to the north, Khazakstan to the west.
The Aletai City airport (AAT) is located 17km from the town center and can be reached by taxi. The only destinations you can fly to are Urumqi and Yining.
The Bus Station is at Tuanjie Road.
- Burqin - takes about 1.5-2 hours ,A bus every hour. costs 21¥
- Urumqi - takes about 12 hours . sleepr 160/170¥
- Yining - takes about 2 days
In place of buses or taxis, Aletai has an amalgam that costs ¥1 per person anywhere within the town.
- 101- from the bus station will to the city center, People's Square (人民广场) and near the PSB.
- 1 - from the bus station to city center.
Flower field of Kanas Burqin Altetai Xinjiang China.
- Birch Forest Park. Prime bird-watching spot as well as amply endowed with wildflowers.
Difficult to find anything to do here, it takes 1 hour to walk through the town, though doing some shopping is not a bad idea.
All kinds of chirstals.
Lamb shishkebab, in local dialect is called Kebab, and in Chinese is called Yangrouchuer. Beshbarmak, the traditional dish of the kazakhs is a mixture of boiled lamb, potatoes, carrots and noodles usually eaten with the hands.
Original Kazak yoghurt, in Kazak is called airan. In Chinese it is Suannai.
- Aletai Diqu Hotel (Aletai Diqu Bingguan), (In city center, alone the Kelang River), ☎ +86 906 2122188. Local three star hotel, probably the best you can find, no one speak English there, the hotel restaurant is also descnet.
- Golden Bridge Hotel, (In city center), ☎ +86 906 2127566. Local 3 star hotel, no one speak English.
- Postal Hotel, (Next to the post office (邮局)). Two star hotel. They do not speak English. Pay no attention to the marked prices and bargain it down to ¥140.
- Bus Station G.H, (just beside the bus station). Probably the best choice you can find. Clean rooms and hot water. Double 100¥.
- PSB - visa extentions. M-F 10AM-noon, 1PM-6PM. Can give you just 7-10 days and will probably send you to urumqi. nobody speaks english (may.2011) ¥160.
Kanas nature reserve is approximately four hours away by bus.