Albufeira is a city in Algarve, in the south of Portugal.Is is the centre of a very touristic area.
The train station is 6 kilometres from the centre. There is a city bus that can take you into town.
Trains to Lagos & Faro(about one hour each).
The train to Lisbon takes 3-4 hours. A student fare costs €17.
Long distance buses, however, go the city centre.
Walk to the beach
- Castelo de Almoáda, Paderne, . Moorish 12th century castle. Free Entrance. (37º09'25.85'',08º12'00.34)
There is a great variety of beaches in Albufeira.
There are many restaurants to choose from, as Portugal has a long tradition on good food and twice-a-day hot meals. There are also fast-food or self-service restaurants.
- Dream Wave, Albufeira (Albufeira Marina), ☎ +351 962 003 885, .
- O Bom Garfo, in the Oura zone.
- Teodosio In Guia. Specializes in Chicken Piri-Piri.
- Vila Joya Restaurant, Praia da Galé, ☎ +351 289 591 795, . One of the top Michelin Restaurants in Portugal, Vila Joya resembles a small oriental palazzo and is nestled in a breathtaking garden setting on a cliff with stunning views facing the sea.
Nightclubs, cafes and snack bars are abundant.
Everything tends to be more expensive here. [/sarcasm]
Colina do Mar, Rua Maria Teresa Semedo Azevedo, 3, Albufeira 8200-155, Portugal
- Porto Bay Falésia, Quinta do Milharó, Olhos d´Água, ALBUFEIRA, ☎ (+351) 289 007 700 ([email protected]), . Located over the red cliffs and with direct access to the beach. *<sleep name="Vila Galé Cerro Alagoa" alt="" address="Rua do Munícipio, Lote 26 8200-916 ALBUFEIRA" directions="" phone="(+351) 289 583 100" email="[email protected] " fax"(+351) 289 583 199" url="http://www.vilagale.pt/pages/hoteis/?hotel=5" hours="" price="" geo="" tags>Located in the banks of the Ria Formosa and its decor recreates an arabian ambience, well in tune with the past of southern Portugal. Online booking
- Vila Galé Atlântico, Praia da Galé, Lote 7 - Apartado 108 8201-902 ALBUFEIRA, ☎ (+351) 289 570 800 ([email protected]), . An ideal Hotel to enjoy a beach holiday, is located only 300 meters away from Praia da Galé and only 6 km away from the centre of city. Online booking
- Vila Galé PRAIA, Praia da Galé, Lote 33 - Apartado 2204 8201-917 ALBUFEIRA, ☎ (+351) 289 590 180 ([email protected]), . Located right at Praia da Galé, 5 minutes away from Albufeira. Online booking.
- Eden Resort, Vale de Santa Maria, ☎ (+351) 289 002 700 ([email protected]), . A magnificent 4* condominium with luxury homes and apartments.
Theres also a pascha which is very nice, only 3 euros to get in! ....
From the Old Town to the railway station the easiest route is by taxi (it's 6km). This can be bought quite reasonably for 8-10 Euros, get your hotel to ring one for you, journey time is 5-10mins. The first train leaves for Lisbon at 07.19am and this takes 2h 40m, other services take 3h 20m so be sure to check when the trains arrive/depart. Definately book tickets in advance, www.cp.pt (there's an English version, just click the flag). Return journey cost 32 Euros. It's well worth the money and you see lots of Portugal on the way.