Abington is in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.
Abington Township named one the 100 best communities to live in America according to Money Magazine is a township in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, United States. Just outside Philadelphia
Abington Township is one of Montgomery County’s oldest communities dating back to before 1700
and being incorporated in 1704. It is home to some of the county’s oldest transportation routes,
industries and churches. Many of these older business and transportation centers were the forerunners
of modern Abington. Today, Abington Township is a highly desirable residential area that contains a major shopping center, several small businesses, and a few of Montgomery County's largest employers. With easy access to Philadelphia and such destinations as King of Prussia Mall, Sesame Place, Philadelphia Premium outlets, Abington is a great place to visit.
• Elkins Park
• Huntingdon Valley
• North Hills
• Willow Grove
- SEPTA - Northeast regional rail is an easy way
to access abington with many train stations
through out the town.
Buses from the city of Philadelphia travel in and around Abington as well.
You can reach Abington by car by route 611 or the Pennsylvania turnpike exiting at Willow Grove/Abington.
- Philadelphia International Airport - Just a thirty minute drive with trains to and from the airport to Abington.
- Alverthorpe Manor Art Museum - This small non profit community art center is a contempory art
musuem located in the heart of Abington.In its historic, 27-acre campus in suburban Philadelphia, Abington Art Center is dedicated to providing opportunities for its many audiences to experience, appreciate and participate in the arts at whatever level they choose. From preschool to lifelong learners, casual observers to art enthusiasts, AAC engages visitors, artists and students with its sculpture park and gallery exhibitions of today’s artists, studio art classes, and public programs.
- Bryn Athen Cathedral - The Episcopal seat of the General Church of the New Jerusalem, an international Swedenborgian Church. The cathedral is renowned for its stained glass collection and for its unusual architecture. It was built in the early 20th century, following the gothic revivilist emergence.
- Keswick Theater - Catch a show or concert at theKeswick Theater.Nationally recognized by audiences and performing artists as the most comfortable, friendly, acoustically-perfect listening room in the Philadelphia area. It presents a broad range of internationally acclaimed performers geared to virtually every entertainment taste and interest housed right in Glenside.
- Alverthorpe Park - Equipped with a golf course, mini golf course, childrens pool, playground and fishing lake, outdoor picnic areas and bike trails Alverthorpe is the perfect place to take your family for and outdoor day of fun.
- Willow Grove Park Mall - The former location the the historic Willow Grove Park is the Willow Grove Park Mall. Located just 12 miles from Philadelphia in an established suburban setting, features over 130 upscale shops such as abercrombie, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Coach, Lucky Brand Jeans, Sephora, White House/Black Market along with Bloomingdale’s, Macy’s, Sears and The Cheesecake Factory!
- The Kitchen Bar,, on 611 about three miles from the Pennsylvania turnpike. Kitchen bar is open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night drinks. The huge menu includes everything from appetizers, sandwiches, salads and pizza to full course dinners of meat, chicken, fish and more. Kitchen Bar provides a wholesome and delicious meal to satisfy any appetite at any meal.Kitchen bar also features a brand new bar and lounge with live entertainment every weekend. In addition, they offer a newly renovated private banquet room that will accommodate from 20 to 70 people for parties and meetings. Perfect for breakfast lunch and dinner is the definition of American comfort food.
- Ookaa - Authentic Hibachi-style Japanese cooking. Be sure to ask for the flaming volcano.
- Cheesecake factory, Willow Grove Park Mall. Great lunch and dinner specials.
- Stefano's Ristorante Italiano, Huntingdon Pike. This BYOB has authentic mouth watering Italian food. Worth every penny. Stefano’s is owned and operated by three generations of the Terra Family and is located in Huntingdon Valley. Over 60 years of experience in preserving the time-honored tradition of preparing superlative food with
only the freshest and finest ingredients.
- Sprinkles, in Elkins Park on Township line on the edge of Abington. This mom-and-pop ice cream parlor serves homemade ice cream.
- Days Inn, 245 Easton Rd. in nearby Horsham, tel. 215-674-2500, .