ŚwierklaniecEarth : Europe : Central Europe : Poland : Silesia : Silesian Voivodeship : Świerklaniec
Świerklaniec (pronounced Shvyer-klah-nyetz) is a small village near Piekary Śląskie famous by its palace.
Katowice airport is located only 15 minutes driving .
Bus number 5 rides from Katowice city center directly to palace park. You can check timetable on KZK GOP site.
Świerklaniec is located about 24 km from Katowice. Close approximity to A1 motorway makes it easy to acess.
Main attraction is palace complex composed by :
- Cavalier's House. One of remained building of palace complex. It was bulit in the beginning of 20 century by village's owner Guide Henckel von Donnersmack for Kaiser Wilhelm II who visited it many times while hunting in Świerklaniec area.
- church. Neogothic buliding heading Henckel Von Donnersmack's mausoleum.
Other popular destination in Świerklaniec is big artificial Kozłowa Góra lake. There're many walking and bike paths around it.
Take a walk in palace park or near Kozłowa Góra lake.
- Pałac Kawalera. Splurge hotel located in heritage Cavalier's House.
- Workers' Guest Rooms. House located on Główna 4 street, Internet, garden
- OW Hrabina Wrońska.Bungalow resort on Nakło-Chechło lake, restaurant, cafe, beach nearby
There's a forest car park (parking leśny) in nearby Mikołeska, near Dębnica river. Good both for campers and tent pitching place.
- Nakło-Chechło — Small, artificial lake with private beach and many bungalow resorts all around.
- Siemonia and Sączów — Two villages with 19 century churches located near Camino De Santiago path.
- Dobieszowice — Village with 16 century manor house and bunker complex.
- Rogoźnik — Village with small artificial lake with public beach and park.
- Góra Siewierska — Village with view point hill
- Tarnowskie Góry — Old mining city with some objects on UNESCO list.
- Bytom — Old city with many interesting urban and nature places
- Piekary Śląskie — Famous Silesian Roman Catholic sanctuary.
- Będzin and Czeladź — Cities with medieval heriatege.
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|