Från Wikitravel, den fria resehandboken.
Progress in general[Redigera]
This report accounts for the progress made by swedish Wikitravel since Dec 18, 2005. Posted by Riggwelter upon approval of the swedish go-between Adestro.
- 1 administrator (sysop)
- Approx. 5 new logged in contributors
- Approx. 5 anonymous contributors
Focus since last report[Redigera]
- New templates, for example templates for country and city articles
- New Wikitravel-templates, such as templates for the welcoming of new users, and spam or sabotage/vandalism warnings
- New translation and adaption of 36 meta articles, including an index over meta articles (copied from en:).
- Development of a series of templates, fr example welcome templates, spam warning templates, etc.
Focus during the next month[Redigera]
- Further translation and adaption of meta pages
- Careful marketing of the site - at the moment, we feel that we are not quite ready to accept an abundance of users, we want to produce more basic information, such as meta, first.
- Special pages, which our admins cannot edit, must undergo an audit in order to make sure that they are correctly and fully translated. Today, this is not the case. Is it possible for us to undertake such edit work ourselves, or do we have to send the proposed changes to you?
- The new message indication feature must be put into service. The more users we have, the more important it will be to reach people and be sure that they get a message.
- The e-mail feature seems to be broken and must be fixed.
During christmas and new year's, we all felt a bit overwhelmed with what we had taken on! However, thanks to the increased interest, and regular contact between the major contributors, we all felt that things were starting to develop. We plan to continue as mentioned above, but we prefer to move slowly and carefully rather than charge forward, all blind-folded only to find that we have to do some major revamps to bad work. We have formed an informal task force consisting of users Adestro, Akteacher and Riggwelter. Our goal is to get the site so complete that new users want to start to edit and can find all the information needed to do so.