Hello Tally! Welcome to Wikitravel Shared. Please take a second to look at our copyleft and image policy, but feel free to plunge forward and add some images. If you need help, check out the help desk or post a message in the travellers' pub.
Fantastic work on Image:Map-USA-Pensacola-Downtown.png! Quite a way to make your first contribution on Shared! --Peter 01:39, 6 September 2008 (EDT)
- Thanks for the welcome! As for the map, I had it on my hard drive for eight months; found it yesterday, decided to finish it up, even though it isn't perfect yet. Hopefully, it'll help someone.
--188.8.131.52 02:09, 6 September 2008 (EDT)
- And by the by, do you happen to know why even when I'm logged in, it often displays my edits under my IP address instead of my name?
--184.108.40.206 02:10, 6 September 2008 (EDT)
- That's very strange, would you mind testing that again—I've never heard of someone's ip displaying when typing ~~~~ when they are logged in. If the problem persists, it would be worthwhile to file a bug report. --Peter Talk 08:18, 6 September 2008 (EDT)
- Just because this page is listed under tech report, i'd like to add that i have the same problem, both on regular and shared. But with me it's just random. Oh and hi Tally - a warm welcome from here ;-)
- Testing, one more time. --220.127.116.11 15:34, 6 September 2008 (EDT)
- I think it's an issue with the OpenID. When I log on to Wikitravel Shared, and click 'log in,' then 'OpenID,' for some reason, it reports me as logged on even before I type anything in. My username, Tally, appears in the top right hand corner of the screen. But when I sign my name, the IP address appears, not my name.
- If I log out, then log back in, again using OpenID, then it works properly. The problem will probably disappear once I register a proper account here. --Tally 15:39, 6 September 2008 (EDT)
- Very strange. I don't use OpenID, so I can't be of much help here, but I would encourage you to file a bug report. --Peter Talk 15:45, 6 September 2008 (EDT)