No Wikitravel site (I tried en, shared and ru) available at all from the following subnetworks:
Here are some details our NOCs report on this:
- I've made several traces from TeliaSonera looking glass, and almost every time it reports "host unreachable" except when tried from several hosts in US. The site is also working fine from our California office. Looks like they blocked access from anywhere except US.
At the same time the site is always available from IPs of my home ISP, like 184.108.40.206.
- To update, it seems that Wikitravel has blocked entirely Yandex spiders. Yandex is a major search engine in Russia (market share 65% compared to Google's about 20%). As long as Wikitravel blocks Yandex, it is not searchable by Yandex at all. Please let me know who is the right person at Internet Brands tech team to talk to on this issue--I will connect Yandex people with him. --DenisYurkin 15:01, 6 July 2010 (EDT)
- Hi Denis. I am in discussions with Tech. A request has been made to begin to allow Yandex to crawl WT again on a limited basis, provided the crawl is not detrimental (which is the reason it has been blocked) and there is some benefit to WT. I will post updates as they are available.--IBobi 20:11, 29 July 2011 (EDT)
- Any progress? Can we close the ticket? Riggwelter 00:19, 21 July 2012 (EDT)
- According to my traffic department, we re-enabled crawling by many previously blocked engines, including Yandex.--IBobi talk email 18:52, 9 August 2012 (EDT)
When it happens
Always at least since beginning of April, 2010.
What should happen
How to fix it
Sign below, please
DenisYurkin 16:32, 14 May 2010 (EDT)