Isn't :en a better source for country travel information than CIA factbook imports? Is there something here I am not understanding? --Peter 00:54, 26 July 2007 (EDT)
- The factbook information is consistently formatted, making it easy to rip out with a bot. Doing so for anything else is much harder. Jpatokal 22:55, 26 July 2007 (EDT)
Swept in from en:pub:
A question was asked in the nl:pub about the Sleep template.
How can we use those templates in our wikitravel version? --Rein N. 06:14, 14 May 2009 (EDT)
- Which template? --Peter Talk 09:58, 14 May 2009 (EDT)
- The one that results in: * <sleep name="" alt="" address="" directions="" phone="" email="" fax="" url="" checkin="" checkout="" price=""></sleep> and so on.--Rein N. 10:34, 14 May 2009 (EDT)
- You mean the clickable links at the bottom of the edit window? You can import those to :nl by copying the content from MediaWiki:Edittools to nl:MediaWiki:Edittools. --Peter Talk 10:47, 14 May 2009 (EDT)
- Thanks, --Rein N. 11:07, 14 May 2009 (EDT)
Shortcut links on edit pages
Swept from en:pub:
On WT-French version, when editing a page, I don't have the table listing all the template shortcuts
(attractions, restaurants, hotels...) contrary to the English one.
How can I set this up? Is it a mediawiki config?
Additionally, I'd like to have the "add listing" link next to each section as well.
Any thought? Thanks! Joelf 15:55, 13 March 2011 (EDT)
- To add editing tools is easy-- you can just change Mediawiki:Edittools.
- Adding the listing editor function is more difficult. First you need to translation a number of tag files-- see the list at en:Wikitravel:Listings#Translation to make listing templates in Fr:. Make sure you edit the Fr: version, not the En: ones. Then you'll have to petition IB to turn the functionality on. texugo 20:37, 13 March 2011 (EDT)
- Ok, Edittools works fine. I'll probably keep it simple stupid and not translate the tags since French accents are a pain and there are already many English tags in the French version. For the "add listing", I can survive without them for now. Thanks a lot texugo for your quick answer! Joelf 04:01, 14 March 2011 (EDT)
There are a fair number of MW messages that every language version is going to want to customize; we should create a list of them in this article with guidelines. But... damned if I can remember them all. I'll poke around, but please add to this list if you think of more!