Zgierz (Zgyezh) is a city in Łódź Voivodship, verly close to city of Łódź.
In the past the city was connected with weaving industry. The city's famous by children story of Zgierz Hedgehog (Jeż ze Zgierza). The animal has its own monument.
The closest airport is Łódź international airport, only 6 km from Lodz city centre. It is 21 min (17.0 km) via DK91 from Zgierz.
There are 5 ways to get from Zgierz to Warsaw by train, bus, taxi or car.
The city isn't that big, the main attractions are focused close to each other.
Travel is easy by car, bus, taxi or UBER
- Cultural Park Dom Tkaczy. An attraction with old houses presenting the weaving history.
- City center.Market place and an old church. There're also many old buildings like f.ex. palaces.
- Lutheran church and protestant cemeteries. There's a contemporary Lutheran church and cemetery divided on Baptist and Lutheran quarters. Main attraction of the cemetery's a wooden chapel.
- There're also many old factories' ruins
- Roman Catholic cemetery. The cemetery with a big gate and beautiful chapel.
- Ist world war cemetery. Located in Krogulec Forest, there're graves of Russian and German soldiers.
- Railway station.Building from 1902 year.
- Plac Stu Stracownych(Hundreds of Executed Square). Memorial place of the biggest executions during II world war. It commemorates one hundred city dwellers killed by Nazi Germans. There's a monument.
- Jewish cemetery. There's much a memorial place, there're any graves.
- Our Lady of Good Advice church. Beautiful church on Marii Curie-Skłodowskiej street.
- Christ the King church.Brick-made church from beginning of 20 century, located not far from Kosciusko Park.
- Our Lady of Rosary church. Contemporary church located near Krogulec forest. There's a beautiful interior and characteristic gate.
- There's an old railway bridge on Bzura river.
- There's an old railway tunnel in the end of Krogulec forest
- Walk in Okręglik and Krogulec forest
- Enjoy attractions of Kosciusko Park.
- Walk or go fishing on Piętnastki ponds.
- Hike in Bzura river trails.
- Walk in Uroczysko Lućmierz in nearby Grotniki.
Due to close proximity to Łódź, accommodation in Zgierz can be considered as an alternative for Łódź city.
- hotel Folwark, Aleksandrowska 63 A. editHotel in city center, free WiFi, restaurant, garden
- hotel San Remo, Chemików 6. edit Hotel located about 1 km from city center, restaurant
- Route One, Ozorkowska 44. editObject near A2 motorway, restaurant, free WiFi, garden, bar
- Zacisze, Sadowa 11 A. editObject located about 2 km from city center, garden, WiFi
- hostel Folkier, Ks Rembowskiego 1. editHostel in city center, garden, free WiFi
- Kwatera Diamentowa, Diamentowa 37. editObject located 2 km from city center, garden, WiFi
There's a camper place in nearby Malinka, not far from Malinka lake. There's a bar nearby.
Except Łódź, you can also see cities and towns of Aleksandrów Łódzki, Konstantynów Łódzki, Łęczyca, Kutno, Ozorków or Łowicz.