Zabrze (Za-brzhe) is quite big city in Silesian Voivodeship.
Katowice airport's located about 30 km from Zabrze and offers following connections:
- LOT Polish Airlines: Warsaw-Chopin
seasonal: Burgas, Chania, Dubrovnik, Heraklion, Kos, Palma de Mallorca, Rhodes, Split, Thessaloniki, Tirana, Zakynthos,
- Lufthansa: Frankfurt, Munich
- Ryaniar: Athens, Birmingham, Bologna, Brindisi, Catania, Cologne/Bonn, Cork, Dortmund, Dublin, Edinburgh, Kherson, Kyiv-Boryspil, London-Stansted, Manchester, Milan- Bergamo, Odessa, Oslo- Sanderfjord, Paphos
seasonal: Alghero, Burgas
- Wizz Air: Abu Dhabi, Alesund, Athens, Barcelona, Bergen, Bristol, Catania, Cologne/Bonn, Doncaster/Sheffield, Dortmund, Eindhoven, Fuerteventura, Kyiv-Zhuliany, Kutaisi, Larnaca, Liverpool, London-Luton, Lviv, Malmo, Malta, Milan- Bergamo, Sanderfjord, Reykjavik- Keflavik, Rome-Ciampino, Stavanger, Stockholm-Skavista, Tel Aviv- Ben Gurion, Tenerife- South, Odessa
seasonal: Alghero, Burgas, Castellón, Malaga, Mykonos, Podgorica, Santander, Split, Palma de Mallorca
Bus company Sindbad offers direct connections with many Austrian, Belgian, Danish, French, Dutch, Luxembourg, German, Swiss and Italian cities. There're also place to place buses from Austrian, Czech and German cities stopping in Zabrze, you can check their timetable on E-Podroznik site.
Zabrze's located on A1 and A4 motorways and E40 way.
Many trains from bigger Polish cities stop in Zabrze.
- City center. Center with beautiful old buildings
- Guido and Królowa Luiza Coal Mine. An old coal mines available for sightseeing.
- Manor house ruins. Ruins of 18 century manor house in Mikulczyce district. It belonged to Doleczek and then to Von Donnersmack familly.
- Water Towers. There're several water towers in Zabrze. They're located in Zamoyskiego street and Pułaskiego street.
- Mining Museum (3 Maja 19). Museum dedicated to history of mining.
- Botanic Garden. A beautiful rest area near Górnik Stadium.
- Heroes Park (Polish: Park Poległych Bohaterów). Huge park dedicated to Zabrze dwellers killed by German Nazi.
Churches and religious places
- Saint Jadwiga Śląska church.(Wolności 504) Big wooden church from 1928-29 with an interesting interior.
- Saint Anna church. (3 Maja 18) Eclectic church from 1897-1900 with beautiful interior.
- Wooden Lutheran church (Brygadzistów). Church located in Mikulczyce district.
- Saint Joseph's church (Polish: Kościół św. Józefa"). Modernist church with an interesting interior and beautiful stain glasses.
- Lutheran chapel (Żmudy 2). Chapel from 1880 located in Biskupice district.
- Corpus Christi church (Polish: kościół Bożego Ciała). Tiny church in Kończyce district.
- Sacred Heart Church (Kardynał Wyszyński street 14). Neobaroque church from 1911-12 with an interesting presbytery decorations.
- Saint Andrew Church(Wolności street). Neogothic church from 1863-66 with nice interior.
- Saint Francis church (Wolności street). Neogothic church from 1884-85 with beautiful interior and stain glasses.
- Saint John the Baptist church (Bytomska street). Neogothic church from 1863. There're Ballestrem family graves in the church.
- Saint Anthony church (Rymera). Modernist church with beautiful ceiling. There's also a 17 century altar from non-existing wooden church.
- Saint Camille church (Dubiela 10). Modernist church with beautiful stain glass in presbytery portraying cross in Universe background.
- Holy Cross Church (Jaskółcza 37). Beautiful contemporary church in the woods.
- Saint Matthew church (Kondratowicza). Modernist church with an interesting interior.
- Saint Paul church (gen. Sikorskiego 67 B). Neobaroque church with beautiful polychromies and ceiling decoration.
- Saint Therese church (św. Teresy 2). Modernist church with beautiful interior.
- Saint Laurence church (Mariacka 1). Neogothic church from 1896.
- Assumption church (Bytomska 111 A). Beautiful church from 20s built in neogothic style.
- Peace church (Klimasa 3). Neogothic Lutheran church from 1874.
- Jewish Cemetery (Cmentarna 15). Cemetery from 19 century with well-preserved graves.
- John Nepomucen chapel (Lipowa street). 17 century chapel.
Settlements, workers' colonies and nature
- Workers' Colony. A beautiful Ballestrem workers' colony in Rokitnica district.
- Borsig Workers' Colony. Beautiful workers' colony located in Biskupice district.
- Zandka Workers' Colony. Fairytale- like workers' colony
- Steel House (Cmentarna 7d)
- Young Miner Settlement (Osiedle Młodego Górnika). Lovely settlement with small forest and ponds.
- Ponds in Mikulczyce. Beautiful small ponds in nature area.
- Copernicus Settlement (Osiedle Kopernika). Colorful block of flats settlement resembling Tirana.
- Kotarbiński settlement (Osiedle Kotarbińskiego). Colorful block of flats settlement located on the hills.
- Silesian Uprisings Participants Park. Beautiful forest park in the end of Lubelska street.
- Pilecki Park. Another beautiful forest park, located on 3 Maja street.
- New Theater  shows different spectacles.
- Zabrze Philharmonic  organizes classical music concerts.
- Dance and Music House  hosts many different events and live concerts. Many famous performers had their concerts here.
- Culture House and its branches organizes different events like live concerts, exhibitions etc. There's also an arthouse cinema.
- There's an open air summer swimming pool called Kąpielisko Leśne.
- There's a city beach in Królwa Luiza coal mine.
- hotel Ibis, Jagiellońska 4. edit Hotel in the city center, free WiFi, restaurant
- hotel Alpex, Franciszkańska 8. edit Hotel not far from city center, free WiFi, restaurant, bar
- Ośrodek Innowacja, Jagiellońska 38 A. edit An accommodation object in the city center, free WiFi and car park
- Valdi Classic. edit An object located 3 km from the city center near DTŚ way. Rooms with free WiFi
- hostel KaWuKa, Zgody 4. edit Hostel in the city center, free WiFi
- Park hotel Diament, 3 Maja 122 A. edit Hotel located 2 km from the city center, free WiFi, gym, restaurant
- Apartamenty Miła, Miła 4. edit Apartments located 4 km from the city center
- U Robaczków, ks Józefa Madei 11. edit Object located 4 km from the city center, free WiFi, garden, barbecue facilities
- zPark, Szybowa 2. edit Hostel located about 5 km from the city center, free WiFi
- Vabank, Wolności 448/2. edit Guest rooms located about 3 km from the city center, WiFi, barbecue place, restaurant
- Gościniec Promus, Pawliczka 25. edit Guesthouse not far from city center, WiFi, bar
- hostel Guido, 3 Maja 93 A. edit Hostel located near old Guido coal mine, WiFi
- Guest Rooms, Hagera 17. edit Guest rooms not far from city center, shared bathrooms, free WiFi
- hotel Elektromix, Bytomska 120. edit Budget hotel located 4 km from the city center, gym, garden
- Willa Ambassador, 3 Maja 78. edit 18 century villa near Guido coal mine, WiFi
- Gościniec Staropolski, Staropolska 3. edit Guestohouse with WiFi and restaurant
- Zabrzański Gościniec, Aleja Bohaterów Monte Cassino 9. edit Guesthouse with restaurant
- hostel 52, Tarnopolska 45. edit Hostel with free WiFi, garden, barbecue facilities
- Noclegi u Rene, św. Wawrzyńca 47. edit Guest rooms located 4 km from city center, private and shared bathrooms, WiFi
- Gościniec Zaborze, Wolności 420. edit Object located 2 km from city center in old post office, shared and private bathrooms, WIFI
- Noclegi Zabrze, Moniuszki 105. editObject located about 2,5 km from city center, shared bathrooms
- Guest Rooms, Nowodworska 41. editGuest rooms located 3,4 km from city center
- Workers Rooms, Bytomska 106. editRooms located 4 km from city center, shared bathrooms, WiFi
- Nocowanie 64, Wolności 64. editObject mostly dedicated for workers, located 3 km from city center, WiFi, game room, common lounge
- hostel Baza, Szczęście Ludwika 5 A. edit Object located 2 km from city center. WiFi, bar, gym, fitness center, sauna
You can see places as Katowice, Gliwice, Chorzów, Świętochłowice or Ruda Śląska.