YOU CAN EDIT THIS PAGE! Just click any blue "Edit" link and start writing!
Xiling Xueshan National Park (西岭雪山国家公园) is in Sichuan province.
Flora and fauna
From March to August, the land is covered with azaleas.
- Snowfall starts around mid December and lasts till Mid March.
- Best time for skiing is January and February.
Two and half hours by bus west of Chengdu. the buses start around 9 am from Xinnanmen and 9am and 9.30 am from Chadianzi Bus Station. for return, buses are available at the entrance of Xiling Snow Mountain, which leaves at 2pm. There may be more buses running during weekends and the high season. For this reason it is best to stay a night in Xiling to get the most out of a visit. It is not good for day tripping unless you have a car.
Entrance fee is 160RMB in peak season and ticket for cable car costs 120RMB. this includes bus ride from cable station to the top of resort. In the low season you just pay 168RMB for a return cable car journey.
- Skiing at the Chengdu Xiling Snow-capped Mountain Skiing Resort (ski resort is a part Xiling Xueshan Resort), largest resort in Western China. its only good for amateurs and beginners. Snow cover is very iffy and conditions range from bad to awful. skiing and snow boarding costs 120RMB for an hour, 200RMB for 2 hours, 260 RMB for 3 hours and so on but the administration asks you to deposit 500 RMB. There is an additional 50 RMB fee to use chair lift (cable way) inside the resort. Escalator is also available inside the Skiing resort.
- In addition to skiing, snow mobiles, dog sledges, a beautiful track around the park are main attractions. The trip there is very scenic and a nice way to see the bamboo foothills west of Chengdu.
- Take a lot of cash as there is no ATM in the resort. Few places allow Chinese Debit cards but don't rely on that.
- There are 06 hotels on the top of resort and are completely booked during peak seasons. so it is good to make a reservation if you are planning for a night stay. One hotel has a Buffet Restaurant (which mostly has Chinese food) and it accepts Debt cards and Bar (just drinks are available). Room rent varies from 780 RMB to 1400 RMB for different types of rooms. Ask every detail about the hotel before booking the room, don't hesitate even if the hotel management hesitate to talk in English.
There are 06 hotels in the resort and there details can be seen at www.xiling.cn