Xai-Xai is a city in Southern Mozambique.
Xai Xai is on the main EN1 road on the northern side of the Limpopo river. It is an easy 3 hour/200km drive from Maputo. There is a toll gate just before entering the town at the bridge. The toll charge is MT 10 for cars.
Most visitors will be heading to the beaches (Praia do Xai-Xai), where there and some basic hotels and reasonable camp sites. To get to the beach, turn right 400m after the BP fuel station as you head away from Xai Xai and Maputo.
- Reef Resort. Quad bike rides edit
- KFC, Avenida Samora Machel (EN1); just south of Shoprite on the west side of street, ☎ +258 282 22277, . Typical chicken options, some combos, salads, sides and desserts. Has drive-thru $2-12. edit
- Restaurante Sabor, Avenida Samora Machel (EN1); downtown area across from Galp, ([email protected]), . Indian cuisine edit
- Bamboo Beach Bar, South side of Beach. Beach Bar with volley ball court on the beach. In front of safe swimming area. Low. edit
- Naartjie Beach House, Bilene Beach, Gaza Province, ☎ +258 8206 22490 ([email protected], fax: -). edit
- Hotel Turístico Halley, Xai Xai Beach, ([email protected]). The hotel is basic, but is on the beach. Rooms do have air conditioning. No internet, other than through your mobile phone. MTN2500. edit
- Xai Xai Guest House. Comfortable, clean guest house with large air conditioned rooms right next to the beach. No restaurant, but just a short walk to the Hotel Turistico Halley for a meal. Easy access. No long dust roads.. MTN2000. edit
- Hotel Kaya Kahina, 34 Avenida Samora Machel (EN1), ☎ +258 282 22391. Across from town hall and square in downtown Xai-Xai, on the second floor. Newly refurnished rooms with TV and AC. Serves simple breakfast (bread, cereal, eggs, tea/coffee) and restaurant on first floor. Rooms with shared bath were 1600 MZN, rooms with private bath 2000 MZN and suites are 2500 MZN. edit
English (and some Portuguese) language radio transmissions are available from BBC World Service on 100.9MHz.