Wuhu (芜湖; Wúhú) is a city in Anhui Province in China.
From Hefei, the province's capital city, there is a frequent train connection to Wuhu which takes approximately 2 hours. Wuhu is the second stop from Hefei.
From Nanjing there is also a bullet train to Wuhu which takes approximately 45 minutes. Wuhu is the second stop (first stop: Ma'anschan).
From Shanghai, there is a bullet train that will go all the way to Wuhu. The train takes about 3 hours.
Direct bus service to Wuhu is available at least once a day from Nanjing and Shanghai. From Nanjing, the ride takes 3 hours, from Shanghai 6 hours.
There are several bus lines throughout Wuhu. A single journey costs ¥1 in regular buses and ¥2 in air conditioned buses.
Taxis can be found easily at every street. The meters start at ¥7. Expect to pay between 7 and ¥10 depending on where you are going within the city limits. When it rains, it is almost impossible to find an unoccupied taxi.
- Mount Zhe (赭山公园). A hill-side park. edit
- FantaWild Adventures (方特欢乐世界), (Take a taxi. From the city center it costs around ¥12), ☎ 0553-5889999, . This is one of the biggest theme parks in China. It has several funfair rides, roller coasters, 3D cinemas, motion simulator rides, etc. It is a high tech park with extensive theming. It compares very well to big western theme parks and is a must see if you are in Wuhu. ¥170. (31.381138,118.372514,) edit
- Wal Mart, (Take a taxi: around ¥6 from city center). This is not only a great supermarket but also shopping and entertainment complex with a mall with many stores, restaurants, billiard bar, etc. There is a really good food court on the top story with many Asian and western specialties. edit
- Auchan, (Very close to FantaWild theme park. By taxi from the city center approximately ¥12). The biggest supermarket in town with many Chinese products and the greatest selection of western products. The complex also houses many restaurants, including a Dumpling Fast Food restaurant and a more upscale Japanese restaurant. edit
- Walking Street. The main shopping street in the city center. It is said to be China's 3rd biggest shopping street after the similar Nanjing Road in Shanghai and Wangfujin Road in Beijing. On Walking Street on Wuhu there is also the big Century Mart supermarket and several PC and mobile phone malls. There are 2 KFCs, 2 McDonalds and 1 Pizza Huts. The street is next to Mirror Lake. edit
- Rose Hotel, (Near Walking Street). This is a very elegant upscale hotel right in the city center next to Walking Street edit
- Crown Plaza Hotel. Very upscale hotel near Wal Mart and Food Street. edit
- Hanjue Yang Ming, Tian men Shan Lu, . checkin: 12:00; checkout: 12:00. Opposite the Auchan Market, it offers a huge fresh food reataurant a 24h restaurant and a large KTV. 2010 a second building should open just next door which will offer a pool and fitness facilities. 480. edit
- Guoxin Hotel, 17 Pujiang road. checkout: 12:00. located in the industrial development area in the north of wuhu, close to the huge chery factory and in walking distance to the Yangtze-river it offers good service for western needs: english speaking stuff (ask for Mary), english newspapers, a reliable chauffeur - service and a rather good breakfest. ~400. edit