Woodworth  is a city 6 miles south of Alexandria and one of the fastest growing towns in central Louisiana.
- Just to the west of Interstate 49.
- US Highway 165 runs North-South through Woodworth.
Woodworth is a notorious speed trap. Do not exceed the speed limit by even 1 mph.
- Indian Creek Recreation Area and Indian Creek Lake,  southeast of Woodworth, +1 318 487-5058 Over 100 campsites. Developed and primitive campsites, boating, fishing, Indian Creek Hiking Trail is a 2-1/2 mile long through a mixed pine and hardwood forest.
- World’s Tallest Fire-tower
- Booker Fowler Fish Hatchery,  +1 318 748-6914.
- The Wild Azalea Trail, northwest of Woodworth, +1 318 445-9396.  A National Recreation Trail. It is 31 miles in length and for foot travel only. It can be hiked in 16 hours, but half way is State Highway 488 to all for shorter quick hikes. There are shelters and camping.
- Camp Claiborne Multi-Use Trails 88 miles of trails for hiking, biking, horseback and ATV.
- Shooting Range, +1 318 484-2212. Operated by the Department of Wildlife and Fisheries. Sa 12PM-5PM