YOU CAN EDIT THIS PAGE! Just click any blue "Edit" link and start writing!
Woodstock is an attractive small town 8 miles north of Oxford, England. It is the nearest town to the popular stately home Blenheim Palace, and therefore popular with travellers looking for food and accommodation.
There is a frequent service from Oxford city centre.
Woodstock is about 15 minutes drive north of Oxford on the A44. Traffic can be heavy, particularly in summer and at weekends, and there are limited parking opportunities.
- Blenheim Palace is a vast stately home open to the public. It is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country, on account of its sheer size and opulence, and its strong associations with Sir Winston Churchill, Britain's wartime prime minister (Churchill is buried nearby in the village of Bladon). The Palace has been inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List
- The Church of St Mary Magdalene - rebuilt in the 19th century, the church has a Norman doorway, early English windows and a musical clock which plays tunes on the hour
- The Chef Imperial. Fresh and tasty chinese food when it's at it's best. Good vegetarian options as well. edit
- Macdonald Bear Hotel, Park Street, +44 870 400 8202.
- The Blenheim Guesthouse & Tearooms, 17 Park Street. Lovely guesthouse with tearooms at the end of Park Street. Blenheim Palace is located just around the corner. Agatha Christie's Miss Marple Nemesis was filmed in the tearooms in the 1980's. edit
- Remont Oxford Hotel | A Boutique Hotel style Bed and Breakfast 10 mins from woodstock| 367 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 7PL, | +44 1865 311020 | http://www.remont-oxford.co.uk | £87 - £140 |
Explore other Cotswold towns such as Stow-on-the-Wold, Chipping Norton, Moreton-in-Marsh, Chipping Campden and Broadway.