• From Rt. 95 South Take 95 south to exit 2. Take a left off the exit. Travel approximately 2 miles on Woodville Alton Rd. You will come to a stop sign. Go straight through the stop sign and continue straight for another 2-3 miles. You will come to another stop sign, veer to the left and go about 100 feet forward, and there you will see another stop sign that leads onto another road. Take a left and continue straight until you get over the bridge. Once you have hit Charbert's Mill you will see a street sign for Riverview Drive. Keep going straight until you reach the post office and make a right turn onto Woodriver Junction.
• From Rt. 95 North Take 95 north to exit 2. Take right off of the exit. Travel approximately 2 miles on Woodville Alton Rd. You will come to a stop sign. Go Straight through the stop sign and continue straight for another 2-3 miles. You will come to another stop sign, veer to the left and go about 100 feet forward, and there you will see another stop sign that leads onto another road. Take a left and continue straight until you get over the bridge. Once you have hit Charbert's Mill you will see a street sign for Riverview Drive. Keep going straight until you reach the post office and make a right turn onto Woodriver Junction.
• From Kingston Train Station, go straight about a quarter of a mile and you will see a red light. Turn left when the light turns green and continue straight until you hit Upper College Rd toward Campus Ave. Keep going straight and turn right onto Kingstown Road/RI-138. Kingston. The Congregational Church is on the corner. Then almost 3 miles down turn left onto South County Trail/RI-2. South County Trail is less than a mile past Blackbird Road. If you reach Waites Corner Road you've gone too far. Then after 3 1/2 miles turn right onto Shannock Hill Road, which is less than a mile past Clarke Trail. After 2 1/2 miles turn left onto Carolina Main St/RI-112. Continue to follow RI-112. Turn right onto Alton Carolina Rd/RI-91. Continue to follow RI-91. If you reach Railroad Ave you've gone a little too far. After a little more than 2 miles you’ll reach Wood River Junction, RI. Your destination is just past Switch Road.
• The only way to travel is by vehicle.
• The Preserve At Boulder Hills, 87 Kingstown Road Wyoming, +401-539-4653. A world-class 18 hole executive golf course, and limitless outdoor activities. Provides outstanding service, culinary excellence, and a five star staff of professionals. All rooms are equipped with state of the art audio/visual equipment. The grande ballroom accommodates more than 350 guests and can be partitioned to create more intimate spaces.
• Solitude Springs Farm, 271 Tomaquag Road, +401-524-5829. A beautiful variety of water and earthen, an apple orchard, grapes and raspberries on the vine. There are pastures for cows, horses, donkey and pigs and acres of grasslands recently preserved through the first Grasslands Reserve Conservation Easement.
• Woodriver Golf Course, 78A Woodville Alton Road, +401-364-0700. An extravagant golf course and restaurant. The restaurant is open 5 days a week for the Fall and Winter season. Wednesday- Saturday restaurant open for lunch and dinner serving from 11:30am-8:30pm. Sunday lunch only, open from 11:30am-5pm. The restaraunt is closed during the months of January and February.
• St. Thomas' Episcopal Church, 322 Church Street, +401-364-3113. The Episcopal Church welcomes all who worship Jesus Christ. They seek to transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and to pursue peace and reconciliation. They also openly welcome any members of the LGBTQ community.
• Tuckahoe Turf Farm, 486 Church St, +(401) 364-4020. Beautiful and vast fields of green.
• Camping: Burlingame State Park, +1 401-322-7337. The park has 3,100 acres of rocky woodland surrounding Watchaug Pond. The entrance to the park headquarters and camping area is off U.S. Route 1.
• Great Swamp Wildlife Management Area, 277 Great Neck Road, +401-789-0281. Manages Great Swamp WMA for wildlife conservation, hunting and fishing, and compatible public recreation. Waterfowl, American woodcock, ruffed grouse, Northern bobwhite, whip-poor-will, osprey, Northern harrier, New England cottontail, Eastern cottontail, beaver, bobcat, river otter, fisher, coyote, red and gray foxes, and white-tailed deer are some of the wild species inhabiting the area. Ring-necked pheasants are released on the WMA during small game season.
• Country Club, 74 Sandy Pond Road, +401-364-9292. Offers an exclusive public golf course & clubhouse. Located in a beautiful country setting, the 18 hole championship golf course is sculpted out of a pine forest. The clubhouse is between the fairways with views of the golf course, ponds & a footbridge.
• Pete's Grocery, 244B Ashaway Road, +401-377-8109. A small convenience store and subway shop. Open every day from 8:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
• Woodriver Inn, 1139 Main St, +401-539-9800. Call ahead for reservations or drop into the Wood for casual family dining, friendly service, and great food. Open seven days a week. Hours open, Sunday-Wednesday 7:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m. Thursday-Saturday 7:00 a.m.-1:00 a.m.
• K & S Pizza, 469 Carolina Back Road, +401-364-0040. Serves the finest pizza by using the freshest ingredients of the highest quality and to develop a fun-loving and lasting relationship with every Customer by anticipating, listening, and responding to their needs and by exceeding their expectations with innovative, great tasting food, prompt friendly service and superior value in a convenient and clean environment. In an effort to support the local economy and improve the quality of our food, they have transformed the kitchen to a locally sourced kitchen. Open every day from 10:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m., except Saturday 10:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m. They deliver every day after 5:00 p.m.
• Nordic Lodge, 178 E Pasquisett Trail, +401-783-4515. Family-run lakeside spot known for seafood-plus buffet with lobster, prime rib & specialty desserts. Hours, Closed Monday-Thursday, Friday 5:00 p.m.-8:30 p.m., Saturday 4:00 p.m.–8:30 p.m., and Sunday 3:00 p.m.–6:30 p.m.
• Dragon Palace, 1210 Main Street, +401-539-1112. A lengthy menu of Chinese favorites, lunch specials & sushi served. Hours, open every day from 11:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m. except Saturday 11:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m.
• Old Mill Diner, South County Trail, +401-364-3033. Quiet, family-oriented, outstanding prices, great service and a variety of food. Hours, Sunday-Thursday 6:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. and Friday-Saturday 6:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
• The Cove Restaurant, 3963 Old Post Road, +401-364-9222. Bar & grill offers seafood-focused home cooking, plus sports-watching, trivia nights & other events. Hours, Monday-Friday 11:30 a.m.-9:00 p.m., Saturday 11:30 a.m.-10:00 p.m. and Sunday 12:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
• The Breachway Grill, 1 Charlestown Beach Road, +401-213-6615. Chill spot with outdoor tables featuring regional surf 'n' turf & New York-style, thin-crust pizzas. Hours, Monday-Thursday 5:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m., Friday 5:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m., Saturday 12:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m., Sunday 12:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
• Subway, 1190 Main Street, +401-491-9789. Casual counter-serve chain for build-your-own sandwiches & salads, with health-conscious options. Hours, Monday-Thursday 7:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m., Friday-Saturday 7:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m. and Sunday 9:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m.
• Kingston Pizza, 4159 Old Post Road, +401-364-7300. Low-key local Italian chain serving pizza, calzones & stromboli, plus wings, gyros & subs. Hours, open every day from 10:00 a.m.-2:00 a.m.
• 11th Green Restaurant & Pub, 78 Woodville Alton Road, +401-364-0700. Hours, Sunday-Tuesday Closed and Wednesday-Saturday 11:30 a.m.-8:30 p.m.
• Ernie T's Friendly Pub, 1219 Main St, +401)-491-9801. Offers an elaborate menu including appetizer's, sandwiches, grinders, salads, Italian food, sea food, and food for meat lovers.
• Chapter One Bar & Grille, 343 Kingstown Road, +401-539-7300. Hours, Monday-Sunday 11:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Also hosts and help plan private parties including weddings and showers.
• Land Harbor Motor Inn, 1 Prosser Trail, +401-364-3421. Check in at 3:00 p.m. and Check out at 12:00 p.m. Rooms are $99 per a night. Features all the amenities of an upscale efficiency of luxurious appointed rooms. You can enjoy an early morning cup of coffee on your private balcony or join the locals at one of the breakfast diners.
• General Staton Inn, 4115 Old Post Road, +401-364-8888. Air conditioning, restaurant, free parking, and child friendly.
• Willows Inn and Resort, 5310 Post Road, +401-364-7727. A 15 acre estate nestled right on Foster Cove, a salt water pond. Guests can choose from one of a unique stay style options; Motel, Villa, Apartment, Camp, Townhouse or Cottage. Depending on the size of your party you have stay options to fit your needs.
• Woodriver Health Services, 823 Main St, +401-539-2461. Hours are Monday-Thursday: 8am - 8pm , Friday: 8am - 5pm, and Saturday: 9am - 2pm (dental closed).
• Fire Station, 996 Main Street, +401-539-2229 or in case of emergency call 911.
• Police Station, 1168 Main St, +401-539-8289 or in case of emergency dial 911.
• Animal Hospital, 28 Kingstown Road, +401-539-1199. A full-service veterinary medical facility. Seeks to provide the best possible medical care, surgical care, and dental care for pets or rescued animals.