Woodbridge is a town in Prince William County and suburb of Washington, D.C., best known for the Potomac Mills shopping mall.
The primary reason that travelers go to Woodbridge is to go shopping at Potomac Mills.
Woodbridge is located just off I-95, in the Washington DC - Richmond corridor, with the main drag along US-1.
Amtrak operates 3 trains per day to/from Washington, D.C.. The journey takes 35 minutes and costs $21 if not purchased well in advance. The Woodbridge Amtrak station is located along Route 1 and it is not easy to leave the station on foot.
Potomac and Rappahannock Transportation Commission operates bus services to/from Washington, DC.
To/from Potomac Mills Shopping Mall
For more information on riding the Metrorail and using a SmarTrip card, see Washington DC#Get_In.
- Prince William Metro Direct Circular operates between Potomac Mills and the Franconia-Springfield metro station. The trip from the Franconia-Springfield metro takes 30 minutes and costs $3.60 if paid using a SmarTrip card. The bus operates every day except Sunday.
- Dale City-Washington OmniRide operates between Potomac Mills and the White House and the Pentagon (Bus Bay L1). The bus operates only on weekdays and costs $5.75 if paid using a SmarTrip card. The first buses from Washington leave in the early afternoon, but the journey to Potomac Mills takes only 45-50 minutes, which is faster than taking the Prince William Metro Direct Circular.
- Potomac Mills, 2700 Potomac Mills Circle (just off I-95), . M-Sa 10AM-9PM, Su 11AM-6PM. Anchored by Sears, Costco, Marshalls, Bloomingdales, TJ Maxx, Burlington Coat Factory, Nordstrom Rack, and JCPenney. edit
Woodbridge is home to one of the D.C. area's only two Chicano communities and is a great place to get some Mexican food.
- Ricos Tacos Moya, 13948 US-1, ☎ +1 703 499-8602. Disproportionately Mexican clientele and only one server who really speaks English (the daughter), and some incredible food. Highlights are the tacos themselves and the menudo, which is not available every day. They also serve the rare-to-D.C. micheladas—beer with spices, salt rim, and often tabasco sauce and clam juice (clamada). They're a lot of fun. edit
- Best Western Potomac Mills, 14619 Potomac Mills Road, . edit
- Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Potomac Mills Woodbridge, 2621 Prince William Parkway, . edit
- Courtyard Potomac Mills Woodbridge, 14300 Crossing Place, . edit
- Days Inn Dumfries Quantico, 16925 Old Stage Road, Dumfries, VA, . edit
- EconoLodge Dumfries, 17005 Dumfries Road, Dumfries, VA, . edit
- Residence Inn Potomac Mills Woodbridge, 14301 Crossing Place, . edit
- SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, 14325 Crossing Place, . edit
- WyteStone Suites Potomac Mills, 14525 Gideon Drive, . edit
|Routes through Woodbridge
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!